𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟

𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Sumeru Akademiya, Matra Headquarters - Morning || Two Days Later

After the long walk back to the city the day before, F/N and Cyno both needed to get a decent amount of sleep, due to how exhausted they were. Now that they were fully rested up, they would have to now continue their usual duties - or as F/N hoped for it to be, slacking off again.

F/N walked into the Akademiya, then approached Nabil, "Good morning, Nabil."

"Ah, good morning, F/N. I trust the case went smoothly?"

"I suppose you could say that... A few minor slip-ups happened, but I cleverly disguised them as part of my 'genius plan'," They responded, grinning.

"That's good to hear. Oh, before I forget," Nabil reached into his pocket, taking out a letter, "The General Mahamatra wanted me to give you this. I don't know what it's about, but he wants you to read it as soon as possible."

"...I see. Thank you, Nabil," F/N said, carefully opening the envelope and taking out the letter. Their eyes carefully scanned the words on the paper, before folding it and putting it into their pocket, "Well, Nabil... I suppose I'll be seeing you tomorrow!"

"Hm?"

"Cyno says I should take today as a rest day for my 'good performance' in the desert a few days ago... And also because of the injury sustained on my arm," They smiled.

"Oh! Well, in that case, enjoy your day off, F/N."

As F/N walked away, Nabil silently wondered when F/N was on a first-name basis with Cyno, but figured he'd ask them another time if they were comfortable with it.

☆꧁༒꧂☆

F/N walked up the stairs of the Akademiya, not really having a location in mind at the time. Eventually, their feet led them to the House of Daena. F/N opened the door, looking around. To this day, it still amazed them just how many books there were in here. They entered, before spotting Alhaitham and Kaveh.

This should be interesting...

They subtly approached, hiding behind one of the walls to listen in on their "discussion". After about ten seconds maximum, F/N was able to conclude the two of them were, once again, arguing about something petty. F/N stepped out from behind the wall and approached them.