𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 - 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐮

𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 "𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚊, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢" 

(𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚐. "𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚊, 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚢")

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Cyno's POV

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Sumeru City - Morning

Cyno waited for F/N near the exit of Sumeru City for F/N. He sighed, sitting down on a nearby bench. He proceeded to open one of his bags, checking everything in it.

Good, I did pack everything.

He took out a box, looking at it for a moment, making sure it was still intact, before putting it back inside, slightly frustrated, "What's the point? It's not like they'll want it anyway..." Just then, he noticed F/N approaching and he quickly got up.

F/N walked over, smiling to Cyno, "Sorry I took so long... Kaveh didn't want me to leave him along with Alhaitham for a few days, because he'd 'end up locked outside again', even though I gave him my keys this time."

Cyno chuckled, "If he manages to get locked out with a second pair of keys, it's no wonder he's in debt. Come on, let's get going. If we're lucky, we can get their before it gets too dark."

F/N nodded, and they began to walk out of the city. Cyno walked alongside them as the two of them went in the direction of Gandha Hill. The plan was to travel around the outskirts of the Chasm, to avoid any possible risks. Also, because they weren't technically allowed to enter the Chasm, but that doesn't really count.

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Eventually, the pair arrived at the river snaking between the city and Gandha Hill. F/N looked over to Cyno.

"...Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Can you carry me across?"

"What? Why?" Cyno frowned, afraid of where this might go.

"Pleaseee?" F/N pleaded.

Cyno sighed, "Alright..." He approached F/N and crouched down, gently lifting them off the ground. He stepped into the river and swiftly crossed. Back on dry land, he placed F/N back down, "You're welcome."

"Thanks," F/N began making their way up Gandha Hill, forcing Cyno to follow after them, so as not to lose them. Once at the top of the hill, Cyno called for a short break so he could consider the route around the Chasm. He took a map out of his bag and studied it for a moment.