Combat Favouritism

Christopher awoke with a start as he heard a sharp bang coming from the common room. Looking over at Enzo, who was also woken up by the loud noise, the two scrambled out of bed and towards the common room. The tunnel into the common room was empty as usual, the connecting pipeline though was packed with people. Grabbing onto each other, they muscled their way through the crowd to the front, where there were two upperclassmen arguing. A couch had been flipped onto its back, which explained the bang.

"It's unfair! We need to show them how it is!"

"That doesn't mean storming their office! You'll get us all in deep shit!"

"You don't have a better plan, so lay off!

"No! Shut your mouth! You can't go and make them all hate us more over one kid!"

"The other houses agree with us here! You're siding with the enemy, huh?!"

"Quit spotting lies! I've been here longer; I've seen the problems that come from doing this!"

"Oh? And what are those, smart guy?"

"Isolation, more prejudice, bullying, and nothing happens!"

"We got what they didn't, though! We have the numbers, we have the way with words that will make them hear us!"

"You want to go in blindsided?! Fine! I give up on you!" the eldest boy began to march away, but the younger grabbed him and spun him back around. Hands-on his collar, he continued the argument.

"You will hear us out, we are nothing without everybody in agreement." The boy growled into the other's face.

"Fine, you want me to hear you out? Then do it civilly and not like a crazed wolf," the older growled back.

Students piled in front of Enzo and Christopher, blocking their view. With them now encased within the bodies, it became too loud to hear the argument. Getting knocked around, they found Draco and Daphne at the back. As quickly as they could, they made their way toward the back by the two.

"Fotos, Jaeger, were you able to hear anything?" Draco asked while Daphne rolled her eyes at the other boys' formalities.

"Before they begin, let us head back to a room with fewer people. And preferably get the two of them some other clothes before breakfast," Daphne said, looking Christopher and Enzo up and down. The group agreed and went back to Christopher and Enzo's dorm, it was the closest, and then the two wouldn't have to walk around in their pajamas more. 

Christopher and Enzo sat on Christopher's bed, Daphne perched herself on the nightstand next to it, and Draco leaned against the wall across from them.

"Okay, so the argument was between two upperclassmen who were arguing about storming the headmaster's office over the Potter case. A couch was flipped, so that was probably what the noise that woke us up was," Enzo explained. 

"Hm, they'll probably go only upperclassmen, so it probably doesn't include us on what they do. I doubt they'll listen to first years," Draco said. Christopher nodded in agreement, fidgeting with the ends of his sleeves.

"Shouldn't it, though? We're the ones it'd be affecting. Though I doubt they'd let us on the team, they'd start training us earlier. Eventually, there could be generations of teams lined up, waiting for those before them to graduate before filling their places," Daphne said, swinging her legs as she watched the ceiling.

"That would make the game interesting, and it would make tryouts useless if they had teams already prepared," said Enzo, who crossed one of his legs over the other.

"In the end, the tryouts would be to see which first years had potential before building upon their skills early on. Only those in the magic world can even practice quidditch, so they'd at least have some specifics to work on over break," Draco said from the wall.