A Moment of Reassurance

Darkness: Should you really be drinking something that strong?!

Darkness was shocked to find that you had completely finished a glass of the guild hall's strongest drink. The look on your eyes gave away the fact that you were not enjoying the drink.

Waitress: E-even I'm surprised!

You opened your mouth to release a loud sigh as well as the fact that steam slowly exited your mouth. The burning sensation in your chest began to slowly vanish as you let out a few heavy breaths of air.

(Y/N): One of... My old teammates used to drink this particular brand...! *groans* I don't know how she does it!

You felt the need to hurl on the spot however, you were able to keep yourself from causing such a display.

(Y/N): She never drank much but for some reason her tolerance with alcohol was way up there. *sigh of relief* She could give Aqua a run for her nonexistent money if she were still around.

You heard an audible sneeze as said goddess was interrupted of shaking down the blond haired guild staff.

(Y/N): Just give me a regular ale please to wash it down.

You handed a small amount of money to the waitress as she nodded to your request.

Waitress: I'll be right back!

Darkness: (Y/N), it doesn't exactly seem like the time to be drinking.

(Y/N): Eh, they know me besides... Beats what the others are doing.

Meanwhile, Kazuma was in the process of trying his new spell to create water, Aqua was quite upset about the payment from her latest quest and Megumin was swooning over her staff which made you feel a little uncomfortable....

Kazuma: Come on! It's a start!

The brown haired boy finished drinking his glass of water before taking a seat on your table.

Kazuma: I'm not the one drinking booze this early!

(Y/N): I only wanted to try that drink out before I end up forgetting.

Kazuma: Like the time you forgot your money at home so you had to go through the whole day in school with your stomach growling?

(Y/N): We don't talk about that!

Darkness: The both of you have known each other for a while?

(Y/N): We attended the same school.

You felt a small clump of paper thrown to your head and you added more to your statement.

(Y/N): We used to hang out in a small group during lunch.

Kazuma: *grumble* And he used to play pranks on us...

You were unable to hold in your small laughter as the waitress returned with your drink.

Splash!

???: WHAT THE- DAMN IT (Y/N)!

The small group looked to the entrance to find a random adventurer soaking wet with an empty bucket hanging over him.

???: YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF WHEN I GET BACK!

(Y/N): Sure buddy!

He simply scoffed before leaving the guild to change into dry clothes.

Kazuma: How do you even make the effort to do that?!

(Y/N): I'm just that good.

Waitress: *sigh* Guess I'll be the one to clean it up...