Battle in the Snowfield Forest!

(Y/N): Really not looking forward for another freezing night...!

It was currently evening in the guild, a rather particular cold evening as well since you were wearing a newly acquired coat. Not only was it efficient in keeping you warm, but it was also a little stylish as it was a gray trench coat that you currently wore unbuttoned.

Kazuma: Least you're comfortable...!

(Y/N): You like it? They finished making it this morning! I'm more surprised as to how cozy it feels in this thing! And it's made from a fireproof material!

Both you and Kazuma were currently sitting in the guild's tavern, enjoying a hot meal as the patrons were having a good time amongst themselves.

Kazuma: Lucky you, maybe we should send you to do these quests.

(Y/N): Nah, it's more fun watching you struggle.

Kazuma: *Sigh* This sucks man!

(Y/N): We can always pick up a quest in the morning, besides...

You retrieved your pouch of money to reveal that you don't have much left.

(Y/N): Even I'm running low too... I got lucky enough to even cover the meal. Man, trying to make a dent in that debt savings really brought me back.

Kazuma: No one said you had to pitch in that much but still... Least we don't have to deal with a full 40 mil...

You shrugged in a bit of an agreement before returning to your food.

Kazuma: Still... Would be nice to not freeze to death tonight!

The Next Morning

(Y/N): *sniff* Ahhhhh~ This definitely hits the spot.

You were currently drinking your own version of a hot chocolate since it wasn't exactly known in this world. The process was practically simple as you dropped an ordinary chocolate bar inside a tin of hot milk.

(Y/N): You two don't know what you're missing out!

Meanwhile, Aqua was practically begging Kazuma to not leave since her previous attitude was practically annoying the teen.

Aqua: (Y/N)!!! TELL KAZUMA NOT TO LEAVE ME!!!

(Y/N): Well... You still have me righ- oh wait, I'm still technically a "demon" in your eyes.

Aqua: WHAT?! I don't remember saying that!!

(Y/N): Of course you don't, you've been yelling at me during your drunken rages for the past week... Even the whole kicking me out of the hay stack has gotten worse... Huh, maybe I should leave too.

As you were about to stand from your seat, Aqua nearly burst into tears until the rest of the part arrived.

(Y/N): Only kidding, but you have been acting a little cold lately.

Darkness: It is far too early for this.

Megumin: Did you find us a good quest to go on?

Kazuma: Nah, doesn't seem like there's any rush too. Everyone here is just chillin' out.

The others turned to look at all of the other adventurers that were simply enjoying their time.

Megumin: I see, after the battle with Verdia, every adventurer that took part got a piece of the reward. That must their coin pouces are full, so they have no reason to go fight the more dangerous winter monsters. This is a perfect chance for us to pick a good quest!

(Y/N): I'm all for it!

Darkness: Y-yes lets...! Hopefully, one with a strong enemy!

(Y/N): Why did you have to go and ruin the mood?!