Sweet Dreams

(Y/N): Alright, you've got this? It's a little tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it.

At the moment, Kazuma had his eyes closed as he held his sword in front of him.

(Y/N): Once you're past this first hurdle, then the rest should be easy.

He grew frustrated as he kept the sword in front of him but kept his composure as you were speaking to him.

(Y/N): Alright... Give it another try.

Kazuma: ... Infuse!

As soon as he opened his eyes, his sword was set ablaze as it began to give off a steady stream of fire.

Kazuma: Woah! I did it!

(Y/N): That you did, congratulations. You can now use Element Infusion!

With a silent command, his sword easily returned to normal as if nothing had happened.

Kazuma: Kick ass! This was so worth the points!

(Y/N): It's pretty tricky on weapons that aren't attuned to magic but you can still make it work. Kind of like this staff, it may seem like an ordinary wizard staff but it's actually one of my best infusion weapons for my Battle Mage class.

You brought forth your staff and Kazuma watched as the weapon began to generate electricity.

Kazuma: ... Just how many weapons do you even have?

(Y/N): Used to have ten before we met here.... Let's see... I lost two from when I went solo that one time... Sold a couple more when we got hit with the debt and desperately needed food...

Kazuma: Which we appreciate...! And sorry...! I know we still have a lot to go...

(Y/N): Gained these two the other day!

You brought fourth the guns that you found in the previous dungeon.

Kazuma: ... The hell?! Is that why you went that guy?!

(Y/N): Kind of yeah, wanted to make a little extra cash to get us a room at an inn buuut now we have this mansion! And I just get to keep these things since they use magic to shoot!

The guns then disappeared into thin air as you decided to retreat into the home.

(Y/N): Anyways, I'm hungry. Wonder if Aqua made breakfast...

Kazuma sheathed his weapon and followed behind since it was still cold out while the both of you were still in pajamas.

(Y/N): Ohh I hope it's pancakes!

You approached the front doors and opened them with ease only to find that the inside of the house was replaced with an open field.

(Y/N): ... Huh? Hey Kazuma, you seeing this?

You turned around to show your friend the strange scene until you found Kazuma standing there... Without a face. This made you gasp in fear and turned back to the home only to end up falling backwards.

Without warning, your eyes quickly shot open as you had just awakened in your bed. Unfortunately, you also quickly screamed from the nightmare but it was short lived since you snapped back to reality.

(Y/N): Just a dream...

You sighed in relief as you continued to lie in bed after having the strangest dream.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Darkness: (Y/N)! Is everything alright?

The sounds of your friend speaking brought a bit of comfort as the door was slightly opened.