Kidnapped bride

The wedding preparations were on full swing. The couple and their family had shifted to Goa.

"Vansh how do I look?", Ridhima asked, sitting in front of the dressing table. Putting on her bright red lehanga with Chikankari embroidery, she looked ready. The mirror works on the neckline of her choli added a glittery effect making her face sparkle. The cut dana work with beads on the skirt made her look like a Queen. The golden net dupatta with stonework border was a cherry on top.

Helping her put on the heavy jewellery, Vansh said, "Just like the angel in my dreams."

Ridhima could not help blushing at his comment. He had turned much more romantic ever since they had come here.

"Now tell me. All the rituals are in the hotel so why did we have to come here?", he asked.

"You will know tonight", she answered and gave him a peck on his cheek.

"You and your surprises !!!", Vansh sighed, hiding his smile.

"Now go and get ready", she ordered pushing him out of the door.

============================

Vansh sat on the wedding dias- engaged in the rituals, following what the priest said. However his eyes and his heart were fixed on the entrance as he desperately waited for her to come in. Just a few more minutes and they would be married. The happiness and excitement were much more than he had imagined before.

 The happiness and excitement were much more than he had imagined before

"Please bring the bride to the dias", the priest said.

Vansh's heart skipped a beat. The most awaited moment had come.

---------------------

5 minutes passes.

10 minutes passed.

Vansh could wait no more. His excitement had been replaced by fear. Was Ridhima alright? His hands were cold, his body felt numb. His fingers reached to his phone to check if there was any message from her.

27 missed calls and 13 messages from Angre. 

Something very wrong had happened for sure. 

Ridhima's mother came running to them and said, "Ridhima is nowhere to be found. Her room is a mess", struggling to breath.

Vansh looked at the screen, praying his guess was all wrong but-

'Kabir has run away from the prison' - it said.

Vansh knew pretty well what it meant. Kabir had kidnapped his bride despite so much security.