Chapter 10

"Can I turn around now?"

Naemini glared at the back of Rin's head as she pulled on the sweatshirt he had gone to get for her since he'd accidentally incinerated her clothes. He claimed that he wouldn't dare go through her drawers to try to find her clothes, in case he might have found things he shouldn't.

She tugged the bottom of the blue sweatshirt over her butt and checked to make sure it was long enough to cover her. Considering Rin was six inches taller than her, it definitely was. It went down to her mid-thighs as her uniform skirt normally would.

"I suppose," she grumbled, crossing her arms.

Rin turned around, his head still drooped a little in guilt. He met her eyes then looked her over. He blushed and stood straighter. "You uh... You look really cute..!" He stumbled over his words. Naemini blushed and turned away. His sweatshirt smells like him... it's nice. Naemini looked to him.

"Why the hell didn't you bring more clothes for Shura? Or pants for me?" She sighed.

Rin was standing around in just his boxers and his tie, using a fire extinguisher to put out a few remaining flames. He had brought both Yukio and Naemini some clothes, but not Shura, and so she had demanded the clothes Rin had on... He scratched the back of his head. "I dunno," he mumbled sheepishly. "Those were the only clean clothes I saw immediately..."

"'Cause he doesn't think before he does a lot of things," Shura said simply as she finished buttoning Rin's shirt on herself and began to button the pants. Rin's tail flicked in agitation, but he turned away and continued to extinguish flames.

"I just got an urgent call," Yukio announced, pulling his pants the rest of the way on. "It seems a corner of the old True Cross Northern Dormitory has been infested by Coal Tars. Some of the victims are civilians and some have been polluted by them already... and one has been severely affected by a Mashou."

Naemini locked her attention to the conversation upon hearing that civilians were involved. "What's the cause?" Shura asked.

"Currently unknown. Anyone with a Meister rank in Doctor is gathering... Don't you have one?"

"Sort of... anyways, we can't let these two leave our sides while we're chaperons. How about we bring them with?"

Rin's attention was now on the conversation as well. Yukio looked Naemini and Rin over with uncertainty. Naemini could tell he was about to decline her suggestion but Naemini spoke before he could get a word out.

"So long as we can all go back to our rooms and get dressed before we go... I'm all for it!" She pressed eagerly. "Besides, if I can help someone I have to go!

"Hell! I'll go as I am!" Rin added, trying to be helpful. Naemini whipped around and put him into a headlock before he could react.

"Like hell you are! You look like an idiot!" she snapped at him.

"You're so short, but so mean!" Rin whined, trying to wriggle his way out of the lock. "How are you even holding me right now!? You're so little!!!"

"Enough!" Yukio snapped. Naemini let go of Rin who stood and flicked her with his tail. She smirked, but kept her eyes on Yukio. Yukio sighed and crossed his arms. "After what just happened, I don't think you two are ready for the field. Not if you keep flirting like that."

"What?" Naemini snorted, ignoring his comment. "Rin would do just fine against some petty Coal Tars. What makes you think I wouldn't be okay?" Yukio didn't say anything. "I would be just fine, and I'd help keep an eye on Rin."

Yukio looked from her eyes to Rin's and back a few times. Eventually, he sighed and let his arms drop. "Fine... Though you'd probably just encourage him to do something he shouldn't..." Rin stood straighter and grinned. Naemini turned to him with a smile and held her hand up. Rin laughed and gave her a high-five before running for the door.