1: Scare Dare

Notes:

Anne: Genderfluid,  They/Them
Sasha: Bigender, He/Him She/Her
Marcy: Genderqueer,  Xe/Xem Xir ( pronounced as Ze)

Gratitude to m.does.arttt on IG for the Title: 'Store Mates'! and the cover art!

Do Not screenshot or repost any art I post.

please read end notes carefully

Don't forget to vote! :) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)

_____________________________________

Anne didn't know why they applied to work at a Halloween store. They didn't like being scared and hadn't dressed up since they were thirteen. But, here they were, fresh out of high school in their first semester of college working at Heebie Jeebies, the local Halloween store. Not like they needed the money since they were on a full ride scholarship, but scholarships didn't pay for merchandise from favorite shows or Black Pink concert tickets. Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy loved their baby Bean, but they weren't giving them money for any of that.

"Wait, wasn't that skull over there?" Anne's words shook from their lips as their breath hitched.

Anne raised a brow looking over the skulls they had just sat down. They shook their head and kept putting the skulls on the shelf. When they reached for the last skull they swore it moved to the opposite side of the shelf. Anne started freak out on the inside because either their eyes were playing tricks on them, or the decorations were moving on their own, they hoped it was the latter.

"What the Frog —" They placed a hand over their rapidly beating heart.

The skull started sliding towards them, almost running after them. Anne's eyes widened; they were frozen in shock until it came face to face with them. Anne screamed falling back placing their hand on the black cloth of the shelf knocking over every skull that they just put up.

On the floor trying to catch their breath Anne was met with laughter that came from the skull. Anne looked towards the laugher that revealed their coworker Sasha, the taller of the two, still wearing the skull head used to prank Anne to the floor.

"You should have seen your face!" She was laughing through the skull which still was creepy.

Anne's face was all flush red as they stood up not even acknowledging her. The coworker would have been cute, if she wasn't so annoying. Sasha had been teasing Anne since they got there two weeks ago. Anne picked up the cloth, shaking it out before putting it back on the shelf. They sighed while picking up the skulls from the floor and slamming them down on the cloth in frustration.

"Be careful, they're already dead." Sasha laughed and walked over to her slightly shorter, but taller than Anne, coworker Marcy.

"Are you going to keep the skull on all day?" Marcy said with a smirk.

"Oh, I forgot I had it on." She grabbed the skull with both hands, taking it off like a helmet revealing his flowing blonde hair.

Anne got a glimpse of the sight and cursed themselves for thinking the girl looked pretty. They turned back to the skulls ignoring the thought.

Marcy shook xir head. "Sash, you'll never get their number if you keep scaring the shit out of them." Marcy said before putting a bookmark inside xirs graphic novel.

"Who works at a Halloween store named Heebie Jeebies, if they don't want to be scared, Mars?"

"I don't know, have you ever tried asking them?" Marcy put xir finger to xir chin "Have you ever had a conversation with Anne?"