5: Bewitching

Notes:
Bee & Oum are still the Boonchuys' canon nicknames. Qadir & xylia are their first names I've given them. :)

please read end notes carefully.

Don't forget to vote !:) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)

_____________________________________

Mr. Qadir "Bee" Boonchuy and Mrs. Xylia "Oum" Boonchuy watched Anne check their phone just to put it down and pick it back up again.  They both assumed their child was waiting for a text or call from their store mates.

Mr. Boonchuy took playful pity on his child and suggested a classic horror film to cheer them up. Anne had agreed happily since they didn't find the black and white horror films as scary as the modern ones. They waited on the couch for their dad to come out of the kitchen with snacks.

He walked out with a plate of nachos and a blow of popcorn placing them on the table before walking back in the kitchen for their root beer floats.

"Are you doing anything for Halloween, Bean?" He sat beside them with a gentle smile on his face.

"It depends on Sash and Marmar." They shrugged.

"Oh, your new partners?" He wiggled his brows.

"We'll see." They grabbed a chip and placed it in their mouth. "They have to agree to date me first."

"I'm sure they will." He turned on tv scrolling for one of his favorite films.

"How do you know, huh?"

"You're amazing, Bean. Anyone, two, or more would be lucky to have you"

"You're my dad, you have to say that." They mutter.

Mr. Boonchuy laughed lightly, "that's not true." He ignored their eye roll. "There's no law that says a parent has to admit their child is amazing." He smiled gently.

"Fine." They shook their head embarrassed. "But, they have to think they're amazing for each other too." They fidgeted with their fingers.

"It will all work out. Try not to worry." He patted their knee with a reassuring smile.

Anne looked at the TV trying to distract themselves. "How were you and Mom scared of this?" They gestured dramatically towards the movie.

"Your generation is too focused on special effects." He tapped his head with his finger. "It's about the mindscape."

Anne laughed while eating another chip, "CGI does suck, but I can't get over the fake blood in these old films."

"Use your imagination, Anne." He shook his head

"They're coming to get you Barbara." Anne mocked the scene. "I'm so scared." They shivered.

"Why are you so annoying?" He said playfully while throwing some popcorn.

"It's hereditary." They threw some popcorn back. "And I thought I was amazing."

"A father can change his mind." He said playfully before throwing some more.

Anne gasped, "I never."  She threw more at him

Mrs. Boonchuy walked into a popcorn storm and looked at her family in disbelief. "Hey, what's going on here?"

Anne and Mrs Boonchuy set up straight. "We're going to clean it up Xy, don't worry."  Mr. Boonchuy said.

"Good Q, because I don't see any maids here." She placed her hand on her hip.

"Honey, I would never think of you as a maid."  He nodded sincerely.

Mrs. Boonchuy glared at Anne "Bean?"