4: Pumpkin Spice

Notes:

please read end notes carefully.

Don't forget to vote !:) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)

_____________________________________

The time spent with Anne made it clear that this was no longer a bet hiding behind a scare dare. This was a feeling in the pit of their stomaches when Marcy would help Anne study inside their kitchen, or how Sasha and Anne's coffee chats lingered with time. This was no longer Sasha trying to prove herself to Mars, or Mars trying to prove worthy of someone's affection. Those things they knew how to hide from with sass and sarcasm unlike this which they couldn't control.

Their shoulders started to slump, and their feet dragged as they moaned around the store. Good thing it was a halloween store or the customers would have swore they were the living dead from the dread displayed on their face. They were in trouble and far too deep in it to admit their wrong and beg Anne for their forgiveness. They had to do what they've always done which was to complete their scare dare. Even if their hearts were beating so hard against their chest it caused ringing in their ears -- like they always do.

Anne walked in like a ray of Sunshine waving at the two before hopping on the counter. They smiled at their two coworkers who were moping around the store. "What's wrong with you two?"

"Halloween is a week away and we'll no longer be working together." Marcy sighed sadly.

"Awe Marmar, We can still hang out." Anne took out a ziplock bag of green cotton candy grapes.

"You promise?'" Xe glimmered a little at the thought.

"Yeah dude, of course." They laughed, "I'm still going to need a study partner for the next four years or so, and you're great." Anne offered a grape and Marcy took one.

"I usually don't like grapes because of the texture, but these are crisp." Marcy popped the grape in xir mouth while grabbing another.

Anne smiled sweetly. "Want to know a secret?"

"Yes, please." Xe said with excitement.

"I get this kind especially for you." They brushed a curl out their face. "I know how you are about texture, partner." A blush dusted across their cheeks.

Marcy's face flushed red. "You know —" Xe chewed xir bottom lip. "I could be another kind of partner too." Marcy fidget the grape in between xir fingers.

Sasha's was impressed and kind of nervous he might lose the bet right in front of her.

"Yeah, like what kind?" Anne popped a grape in their mouth.

"Um —"

"What no offer for us to hang after Halloween, Boonchuy?" Sasha interrupted and Marcy rolled xir eyes.

Anne popped another grape in their mouth rolling it around with their tongue before eating it with a smirk. "I only really like the pumpkin spice foam and that ends after the season, so —" they shrugged.

"Ouch." Sasha held her hand over his heart "I'm just pumpkin spice foam to you, Anne?"

Anne giggled hopping off the counter. "Their eggnog lattes are pretty good too." They winked, "Maybe you could be that to me too." They tossed a grape in Sasha's direction which she caught and popped in his mouth. "Oh, impressive." I'll be back." They walked towards the break room.

"What was that?" Marcy hissed once Anne was out of earshot.

"What?" Sasha struggled before pulling out her phone to mindlessly scroll.