Chapter 7

[So because I love drawing, I redrew White Lightning. It's been a while and my skills have improved majorly so hopefully this photo makes you feel more badass — Also we're ignoring that Ebony Devil happened since it only happened to Polnareff, so prepare for Yellow Temperance with a TWIST!]

After floating at sea for what felt like ages, drifting up to the coast line of Singapore felt like a blessing. In what you were learning was typical Polnareff fashion, he launched himself from the boat as soon as it touched the shore. He fell to his knees beside the boat, crying about how sweet it was to be back on land. He even planted a few kisses on the ground that ended up getting sand all over his face.

The rest of you completely ignored his antics, even going so far as to announce how weird he was and pretend you didn't know him. Anne was walking at your side, eyeing your hand intently. When you caught her gaze, you smiled and took her hand in your own. She glared at you, claiming that she didn't need to hold your hand and that she was old enough to walk on her own. But she didn't let go.

There was a brief discussion as to your next steps and it was ultimately decided that you would all rest up in a nearby hotel before taking your next steps into serious consideration. The thought of getting to relax in a hotel bed almost made your cry tears of joy. Your wounds from Polnareff were dangerously close to reopening and a warm bed sounded nothing short of perfect to you.

"Hey Anne, I thought you were supposed to be meeting up with your dad?" You questioned, turning your attention back to her after the conversation was finished. She pulled her hand away, an annoyed look in her eyes.

"That's not for five days. Besides, I can do what I want and go where I want," she stuck her tongue out at you, but the playful arrogance didn't last long as a certain sadness overtook it. You cast a glance back at Mr. Joestar. A quiet huddle took place and you decided as a group to let Anne stay at the hotel with you until she could reunite with her dad.

"Hey," Polnareff got Anne's attention. "You're poor, right? We'll pay for you so come with us." His complete lack of tact or respect earned him a smack on the back of the head from you.

"What he means to say is; would you like to come stay at the hotel with us? You can bunk with me," you offered, all while Polnareff whined about how you'd hit him. Anne just nodded and reached out to take your hand again. Jotaro, who'd been mostly quiet through this whole ordeal, watched you as you smiled and talked with Anne. There was a softness there that he was certain you didn't let anyone else see. The whole 'delinquent' act was clearly just that. An act. But why?

"I'm terribly sorry, we're very busy this time of year so not all of your rooms will be near each other," the hotel staff explained as she pulled some keys out from under the desk. Mr. Joestar waved his hand dismissively, assuring her there was no concern about that. Jotaro and Kakyoin agreed to bunk in a room, Avdol and Mr. Joestar agreed to bunk in another and it was already decided that you and Anne would share a room. That just left Polnareff who, more than excitedly, took his key and just about ran off. 'I deserve this' and 'this is how it should be' could be heard as he walked away, leaving Jotaro, Anne and yourself with annoyed looks on your faces.

"Come on Anne," you grabbed another one of the keys, taking Anne's hand as you walked away from the counter. "Let's go get settled. I want to take the longest nap ever." You weaved seamlessly through the crowds of people, Anne in tow, and eventually found your way to your room. Much to your surprise, Kakyoin and Jotaro's room was just across the hall from yours.