Chapter 5

[Art by toujou_sakana on Danbooru]

[If you didn't read my authors note, then hi :) I was locked out of my account, but here's a new chapter! Woohoo!]

When you woke up, you weren't totally sure how much time had passed. Someone had bandaged the wounds that Polnareff had left you with and a bright blue sky hung above your head. Guess we don't take breaks to heal up, you sighed as you covered your eyes with your arm. Your whole body was stiff from the fight and you were wondering if maybe coming along when you were completely inexperienced was a mistake.

"Ah, she's awake," a familiar French voice sounded from your side and you immediately jumped up, your stand appearing behind you as you got ready to beat Polnareff's ass once again. He jolted slightly, holding his hands up in a way of saying that he didn't intend to fight you. Mr. Joestar quickly ran up beside you and forced you back to a sitting position, as you had agitated the wound on your stomach and made it start to bleed once again. You ignored the searing pain, still glaring daggers at the white haired Frenchman.

"Yare yare," you heard Jotaro's annoyed voice from behind you, making your anger seethe further. "Can someone explain to her what's going on so she doesn't electrocute the whole ship?"

"Remember how Kakyoin had one of those weird fleshy things right here?" Mr. Joestar asked, poking you directly in the forehead as he spoke. "Well Polnareff had one of those as well." He pulled his finger away and a small pout crossed your lips as you ran your hand against where he had poked you.

"I'm sorry for all the damage I did," the Frenchman addressed you, hanging his head slightly shamefully. With a sigh, you reached out and patted the top of his head once, giving him a small smile.

"It's okay Frenchie," your smile turned to a grin as he stared you down, anger now etched into his creased brow. He swung at you lazily, not actually trying to connect.

"Hey you can't call me that!" He shouted. A laugh escaped your lips as you continued to tease him. It was the least you could do to make up for the fact that he had nearly killed you after all.

"Oh my god," Mr. Joestar sighed, cupping his face in his hands at the antics that he was bearing witness to. Jotaro sighed under his breath and sat back in on of the lounge chairs, Kakyoin to his left. "Let's all just use this time to relax and enjoy the ocean. But seriously guys, can't you do anything about those uniforms?"

You turned your attention to see Jotaro and Kakyoin laying out on their chairs, still fully clad in their school uniforms. You looked down at the clothes you were wearing, realizing that you too had chosen to wear your uniform, but it was now all torn up and bloody from the fight with Polnareff. You shrugged, not minding much considering you didn't plan on going to school for a while anyway.

"Well we are students," Kakyoin hummed, picking up the book he had brought with him. "And students should act like students." You rolled your eyes at his words.

"You guys are gonna sweat to death in those things. At least take the coats off, it'll feel so much better," you advised, but neither boy made the move to actually take off their coats. You threw a shrug Mr. Joestars way. You tried, but they weren't likely to listen.

"Put me down! Let go of me!" A shout from the other side of the boat drew your attention. A boy was being harassed by one of the shipmates. A stowaway? You thought as Mr. Joestar began freaking out about how the only people aboard should've been your group and the crew.

"This ship was Speedwagon approved! How could this happen?!" The elder Joestar started to panic. He swung an accusatory finger at the captain of the ship. "Did you not do an inspection before we departed?!" His rant went on for several more minutes before the stowaway managed to break free of the sailors hold and rushed to the edge of the boat, ready to dive off.