Chapter Three

I pull back. "Sorry," I murmur, my cheeks turning bright red.

       "Don't be," he says. No trace of the tears are left on his face. I felt something in that kiss. I mean, other than it being my first kiss. I can feel my future starting to reveal itself. I haven't known him for very long but, I love him. I hate that word. Love. I was never loved. Nico loved me, I don't know if he will anymore...

       I turn around on the bed and pull out a marker. I grab his hand, and write my number sloppily on it. The song ends and he just stares at his hand. "Okay..." he says and looks up as Nico rushes into the room. "Grimm... We need to go," he says and looks quickly at Nathan, "Now." He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. Summer has come and past, the innocent can never last., the lyrics keep playing in my head. I don't even realize that we are at his house when I look up.

       "What was that about?" I ask furious, but my fury is fading. "Don't ever go back there," he warns. "Why not?" I ask angrily. I see the ground starting to move. Nico doesn't look shaken, but I am dizzy as heck. "Because there was..." I can't seem to hear his voice anymore. I mean, I hear him making sounds. I'm on the floor. Nico is looking down at me. "Grimm!" is the only word I can seem to make out of his muffled voice. My eyes close.

~~~~~

       I awaken to see Star shaking me awake. "Get up! The zombies are going to get us!" she yells while pointing at a zombie hoard inching closer. I stand up quickly and grab my cousin's hand. "LET'S GO!" I yell and run into the city center. While running I recall my dream. How did I make up that boy and the party? It seemed so real.

       "Look! A bus!" Star screams and runs toward it.

       The boy in the bus shoots down some zombies. I wonder if he has any bullets because my gun is out. "Get in!" the boy yells as he drives by, not slowing down, in the old bus. We jump into the bus, through the broken door.

       I find bullets on the bus floor, load my gun, and shoot a few zombies. "Where are you taking us?" I question.

       "A mansion," the boy replies and drives toward an all mighty huge house. The house เร new and beautiful. A creamish brown. "On the count of three you're going to jump out and run as fast as possible to the mansion!" he yells.

       We don't question him, and when he gets to three we jump out without hesitation and roll on the ground.

       Star raced by side up to the mansion. Her curly red hair got caught on her eyelashes. I knock on the hard door. "Hello?" I call.

       A stranger opens the door. He looks so familiar. Oh my goodness. It's him. It's Nathan. I can't be sure though. "Come in quickly," he says. That is definately his voice. I close my eyes and walk in, trying not to seem startled.

       The door behind us closes with a loud thud, and I grip Star's hand tight.