Chapter Thirteen

"You have to come back with us."

Carl's face shows how relieved he is that he found me. I can't get attached to them since I'm leaving, but I feel so much better knowing that someone is happy to see me.

"Lilan, we need to talk," Michonne says coming over to sit beside me. As confused as I am, I sit back down and turn to her. "you have to come back with us. It isn't safe here." Michonne says, leaning over to look at the food I collected. "There's a horde coming down this road. It will be here in only a few minutes. The longest we have is an hour- thirty minutes."

I look over at Carl who continues to glance out the window. "I can't stay in Alexandria, I'm sorry." I whisper." I don't want to go, I can't.

"Lilan, you won't make it out of here, we have people who encountered this herd. There's going to be hundreds of walkers." Carl says after his millionth time of looking out the window. Every time I look at him, he looks away.

I grab my bag and toss my food in it, taking a bite of my corn that I hadn't even got to eat yet. Carl and Michonne look at each other and then start to move toward the door. I pull Carl back so he can walk next to me, then whisper in his ear. "Thanks for coming back." 

===============

We were almost back to Alexandria before we heard it, we must have slowed down sometime. Because now, were running as fast as we possibly could from biters lined down the street walking behind us. "Five minutes until we're there, just don't stop." Michonne breaths.

"Tell those things the opposite, I swear they have been walking the same speed as us the whole time!" Yelling is probably not the best option, but, if there are hundreds of biters after us I think a few more from my yelling won't be a problem.

Minutes later, we start to come upon the hill that had first brought me to Alexandria. The gates open and once again I see a group of people standing in front of us. Quickly, Michonne, Carl, and I walk inside. "Everyone stay on alert. they're almost here." Rick says walking over to Carl and giving him a light hug. Carl introduces me to Ron, although, he doesn't seem very excited to know his best friend is alive and safe. Michonne calls for Carl so I decide to stay back and help Ron and Jessie clean up the house. "Ron, I think it's best if you talk to Sam later. I think he's a little on edge. He hasn't left his room since you left." Jessie says as she piles forks into a drawer.

Ron sighs, he picks up the dishes that were left on the counter and brings them toward the sink.

Once we're finished cleaning I say my goodbyes and go to look for Rick or Michonne. "Rick, Michonne," I yell, I want to know if they're is anything else I can do while I'm here.

I could leave, right now, no one would know. It isn't safe but at least I could run through the woods. 

Mid-thought I run into Carl. "Oh, sorry. Hey, where's your dad I've been looking for him." I say, Carl is looking at the wall of Alexandria. There's a large group of people surrounding it, they're building up posts on the walls. "He's over there, they're trying to build up the walls that are weakest before the walkers can break through." I look over to where Carl is facing. His father is standing next to a man who I had met briefly before. Rick is standing next to Tobin.

I walk over to both of them. "Hey Rick, sorry to bother you. But I thought while I'm here I may as well help out. Is there anything I can do for you guys?" Rick looks over to me and then back at the wall."I don't think, Maybe just hang around Carl. Don't bother him too much though, he has things to do too." He sighs.

A few seconds later, I could hear more biters coming up to the wall. "Any more of them and that wall is going to fall down." Rick says to Tobin. I turn away and start walking back over to Carl."No luck?" He asks, I'm not sure if he knew what I wanted to talk to his father about but it sounds like he does. "No, he told me to stay with you. Is that okay?" I laugh.

I turn again to face the walls, one of the panels starts shaking, and the tower on the outside of the wall starts to lean in. "Everyone go! Get inside your homes!"

It falls.

————
Date: 02/22/23
Words:849
A/n: I haven't edited this yet so there's probably quite a few mistakes. Anyway, i'm on season 10 again so i don't remember any of this but i'm rewatching this episode so i can make sure it's similar