5

I was brought up to Jisungs room for a bit more privacy, only agreeing if Jisung was the only one. Even so they convinced me to let Bangchan supervise, saying he used to be an assistant nurse of a sort.

  Jisung helped me lay down on his bed, reassuring me with a small smile as he slowly lifted my hoodie. I grabbed it and pulled it up just to the point of not exposing my chest.

  The two stared with wide eyes as I looked up, feeling the tears come bubbling up once again. "I'll go get the first aid kit."

  As the older ran out Jisung moved closer to my face, moving some hair out of my eyes. "why do you want to suffer in silence? It's likely one of your ribs could be heavily damaged.."

  I still couldn't say a word, letting small sobs escape my mouth. He sighed, holding my hand in his. "Let us help you.. you don't deserve to be in pain like this."

  Bangchan came back with the kit, asking the younger to move. He did as asked, staying near my head with my hand in his.

  "Jiwoo I'm going to lightly touch your stomach, let me know where it hurts most okay?" He began using two fingers to light press down on my stomach in a sore spot, moving closer and closer to where it hurt most.

  I winced as he stopped. He looked towards Jisung before speaking. "you might have a broken rib. I think the smartest choice is to go to the hospital."

  I freaked and attempted to sit up, immediately regretting doing so as I sobbed in pain, holding onto Jisung for dear life.

  "Jiwoo.." the squirrel-like boy worried, not sure what to say himself.

  "If this doesn't get professional help it could become a lot worse. It's either the hospital.. or you hide out here from your father for some time." Bangchan informed, not giving much of a choice.

  "I'll wrap her up for now until she decides. Jisung help her stand up."

  Bangchan did as he said, wrapping my torso in a brace of a sort to keep me from moving the wrong way. He told me he'd give me some time to decide, leaving Jisung and I alone.

  "Are you okay?"

  I let my body fall into his, resting my head on his chest. He held me close running a hand through my hair. "I'm here for whatever we have to do. I told you you're my little sister."

  "I can't go to the hospital.. they'll call him.."

  "I figured you'd say that. You know that means you have to stay here right?"

  I pulled away, shaking my head. "I'll keep the brace on, but I can't stay here. My father has connections everywhere and would have everyone in the town searching for me." I spoke softly, not wanting to hurt myself more.

  "I'll hide in my room whenever he is home. And this time I'll text you.. I promise." I tried my best to convince him as I let go of the hold I had on his shirt.

  "And what if he hurts you worse? A broken rib can-"

  "I know.. it's not the first time. I can handle it. Please. I can't just leave my h-home.." I sniffled.

"It's not me that you are going to have to convince. Chan hyung is like a father to all of us.. he won't let you go so easily."

Chan peaked back into the room, handing me a bottle of water. "Don't eat or drink a ton at a time.. so what should we do?"

  I looked up at Jisung who gave a sad smile, keeping a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you, Bangchan. But staying here.." I started, struggling to get the words out.

  "I have to go back home. My father won't just act like my disappearance is normal.." I tried to explain, feeling a throbbing pain all throughout my ribs.

  "Will you text Jisung if something goes wrong?" He sighed, sharing an unsure glance with the boy. I nodded, holding my hands together. "I will text you guys throughout the day."

  He nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. "You come over here anytime he isn't home, alright? I have to make sure that rib gets better and not worse."

  I nodded, thanking him over and over. He opened his arms for a hug, Jisung giving me a light push to hug him back. As I did so I let out a breath, feeling him pat my back. "If he hurts you any worse than this I'm not going to stay back, do you understand? This is a serious situation."

  "Thank you.. both of you.."

"The rest of the boys will be here soon. Are you up for meeting them?" The blonde asked, glancing at a text message on his phone.

  I looked to Jisung who took a step closer, lightly rubbing my back.

  I nodded, chewing on the inside of my cheek. "If Jisungs near me.. I think I'll be okay. And no one is told what's going on.."

  "Of course that's not our business to tell, it's yours. Take your time in here and I'll go tell Felix to keep his mouth shut." He smiled, walking out of the room.

  For a moment I caught a smile on my face looking at Jisung, as he returned it. "Are you sure your comfortable with meeting everyone? They can be a bit much at first." He chuckled.

  "As long as they aren't like Minho.."

  He shook his head. "I don't know what his problem is today, he isn't like this all the time. The boys are all very sweet. I'm sure by the end of today you'll have eight older brothers to watch over you. Oh sorry seven older brothers and one younger."

  "Younger?"

  He smiled, "one of our friends is sixteen."