Hunger

A/n - been a while, hasn't it? One year with this book. Only 13 chapters in a year. To say I'm ashamed is an understatement. My New Years resolution was to at least finish this book. Don't worry, I'm not just going to end it here. That would be a pretty lame ending.

Y/n's POV

My food. It's all gone. During the week, I've been isolating myself from the rest of the gang. It was too tiring trying to find a conversation with them. I haven't been eating much, only enough to barely get me through the day.

No mortals have come through that portal. My stomach growled in anger as it yearned for more food. I sighed as I went downstairs to find something to keep it occupied. Penny was downstairs just sitting on the couch as I passed. I saw her beak open to speak, but I quickly shut her up with a middle finger.

"Save it bitch. I'm not in the mood."

My voice was tired and coarse as I've barely used it. I walked to the basement to try and find some scraps of food, but none were in sight. My shoulders drooped as I knew what had to be done.

( gross stuff comin up )

I grabbed a plate of ribs and a bit of salad before going back up to my room. I saw Hangry and tried to speak to him, but he instantly turned away. I barely acknowledged Lucky behind me as I walked up to my room. I hesitantly brought the ribs to my lips as I chewed on the meat. I could barely bring myself to swallow as bile built up in my throat. I teleported to the bathroom as I threw up. I tried to save as much as I could, knowing that'll be the only thing I could live off in a while. This continued for a quarter hour as it became harder stomach some down.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I took one last miserable bite. I flushed it all down as I watched. I felt angry and weak. To think an immortal being can't take down a plate of normal food. I threw the barely empty plates to the wall. The porcelain broke instantly on impact as a piece came to cut me on the cheek. I screamed in frustration and held my cheek.

I can't take this anymore. I broke down next to the sink as the tears started flowing down my face. My vision started to blur as I tried to stop them. After a while, I stopped trying. Go ahead, make me look weak. It's not like there's anyone around to see it.

Lucky's POV (beforehand)

I was struggling. Me, a perfect, no stress leader, was afraid. After seeing Y/n fall off that railing into the lava, I couldn't bear to see her hurt. My heart throbbed just thinking about it. But this couldn't show. I have to be a flawless leader. If not, then what am I? A sobbing piece of trash, left to cry alone?

I couldn't look at Y/n without tears trying to break through. She looked miserable. She was slouching, barely spoke to any of us. Hell, she wouldn't even patrionize Penny, even when she started insulting her! I held my head as the stress kept flowing through me. What would happen if she stopped eating? Would she be dead or teleported back to her body? Both of these ideas came to mind as they hurt as bad. I wouldn't stand seeing her leave. She's the only one who understands.

To my surprise, I saw her come out of her room. I tried to ignore her as I looked at Penny. She was about to say something before being shut up.

"Save it bitch. I'm not in the mood."

I was shocked, and by the look on Penny's face, so was she. I watched her go in and out of the basement empty-handed. To my surprise, she walked out of the kitchen with a small morsel of ribs and salad. Can she even eat that?

I saw her try to reach out to Hangry, only for him to turn away. My blood boiled at this. Can't he see she's struggling? Can't he show some fucking respect? I tried to talk to her by the staircase, but she barely knew I was there. I never felt so heartbroken in my life. Tears brimmed my eyes.

Penny came up to me as I looked away in frustration.

"Look, Lucky, I'm not here trying to be a bitch, this time. From girl to girl, or robot girl to girl, whatever, I'm very concerned for her. Sure, we have this sort of rivalry, but it's clear that she isn't how she used to be. I tried to get her to insult me or berate me, but she couldn't even muster the energy for that. What I'm trying to say is, I know you have a soft spot for her, however much it pains me to say it, and I think she has that for you too. Which is why you have to be the one to speak up. You have to try to get her back from this state. She's miserable for Malak's sake! Just at least try."

I looked at her astonished as she just walked away. How could she know I have a soft spot for Y/n? I won't even try to deny it anymore, I do have one.

A small blush came to my face when she said Y/n had it, too. She couldn't have. She fights with me all the time. Or maybe she's just trying to deny it as much as I am. I'll just have to go off that claim. It's the only hope I have left.

I slowly made my way up the stairs to the entrance of her room. The room seemed to spin and contort as I cracked open the door. I couldn't see anyone there. As I was about to leave, I heard quiet sobbing nearby. I fully opened the door, following the sound.

I opened the bathroom door to find
Y/n. She was crouched with her knees to her chest, sobbing loudly. Shards of porcelain plate on the ground, one leaking of blood.

I accidentally stepped on a shard on the ground as it quietly cracked. This was enough to pull Y/n out of her tears as she looked up. Her eyes grew wide with fear and surprise as she turned into her angel form, covering herself with her wings.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME! I'M NOT WEAK! I'm not! I'm not..."

I slowly pried her wings away from her as I pulled her into a hug. I could feel her tense up before letting herself down, embracing me back. I felt something wet trickle down my neck as she quietly sobbed. I held her closer as a single tear fell from my eyes.

Y/n's POV

Why..? Why is he doing this? Why is he comforting me? I look weak, don't I? These questions plagued my mind as I continued to hug him. After a bit, we both pulled away as I wiped my tears.

He grabbed a bandaid from the bottom drawer of the sink and placed it on my cut cheek. I lightly blushed at this. His hand stayed on my cheek for a couple of moments before it retreated back to his side.

"W-Why? Why do you care so much? I thought you only cared about yourself."

"Well, that was true until you came. When you walked through that portal, I couldn't take my eyes off you. I felt that we were the same, that we both needed someone. Through our tough exteriors, we are both as fragile as the other, and that is why. That is why... I really care about you."

He mumbled the last part but was still audible to me. I was taken aback as I saw his eyes were full of care and anxiety. I slowly looked into his eyes.

"Honestly, I feel the same way. We both just needed someone who really cared. Not ones who pretend to or barely try, but someone who is ready to put the same amount of care as the other. It was part of the reason I kissed you through the gate. Though my original intention was to escape, I felt that there was something more. Which is why I feel the same."

Now we both looked at each other with compassion as we got closer. We were inches away as he spoke.

"I'm glad I met you, Y/n."

"Likewise, Lucky."

We both leaned in and pressed our lips together. It was full of passion as we moved in sync to the other. We both pulled away for air as the sound of the portal ringed through the realm.

"Maybe we could get you some dinner too."

I chuckled as I made my way back to my room, looking out the window towards the mortal. They looked frail and weak, easy to catch.

"Yeah, this one won't be much of a fight."

A/n - I am sorry for disappearing. But I'm taking someone's advice in the comments and keeping it to myself. It is really dangerous to tell personal information online. I'm sorry I didn't get your user, but thank you.