Achillobator

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: hero Achilles.

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately between 93 to 80 million years).

Length: between 4,6 to 6 meters.

Height: 2 meters.

Weight: Between 227 to 250 kilograms.

Diet: Carnivore.

Achillobator giganticus is the only known species of the extinct genus Achillobator of dromaeosaurid theropod dinosaur, which lived in the late Cretaceous period, between approximately 93 to 80 million years ago, during the Turoniense to Campaniense, in what is now Asia.

The Achillobator was a medium-sized carnivorous dinosaur that fed on large live prey in the style of lions, but also devoured other prey, such as mammals. It had an elongated skull with small, curved, serrated teeth that shredded meat well (the skull was very similar to that of Velociraptor).

It is possible that even giant dromaeosaurus such as Achillobator or Utahraptor hunted in packs. It is the second largest dromaeosaurid, second only to the 7-meter-long Utahraptor.

Achillobator is probably a member of the family Dromaeosauridae, dinosaurs that are considered to be closely related to birds. While the relationship of dromaeosaurids to other theropods, including birds, is relatively well understood, the phylogeny within the family itself is not.

Despite being a little-known species, this is the species that many confuse with the famous Velociraptor as they are both very similar, but it is still one of the most emblematic species of dinosaurs.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: 7 meters.

Height: 2 meters.

Weight: 360 Kilograms

Diet: Carnivore.

Aggressiveness: 🟠 Aggressive.

Considered one of the most exact species in its appearance, the Achillobator is one of the dinosaurs with very well preserved DNA, enough to be able to create an appearance very similar to what it looked like in real life.