033

renjun eagerly jumped up and down in front of the house that was supposedly y/n's sister's. he was waiting for jeno who was taking his sweet time getting out of the car.

"renjun, i know you're excited but his sister's gonna think we're a couple of psychos if she sees us jumping around like that."

renjun rolled his eyes and turned to face the front door as jeno finally caught up with him. he took a deep breath and hoped he and jeno were right about their groupmate being here.

a moment after knocking on the door, it opened to show a tall girl that looked freakishly like y/n.

"hi, can i help you guys?" she asked with a wide smile. renjun looked at jeno as he stepped aside.

"uh yeah, we're looking for y/n. is he here?"

the girl looked at them suspiciously.

"maybe. who are you?"

"oh! sorry, we're part of nct dream with him. i'm jeno and this is renjun," he answered as he gestured to the boy beside him who gave a little smile.

"oh, okay! sorry, i'm just cautious y'know. come on in!"

jeno stepped aside to let renjun go in first. the girl led them inside and stepped into the kitchen.

"oh, i'm s/n by the way," she said as she smiled again. "can i get you guys anything to drink?"

"ah no, that's okay," jeno answered. renjun decided to stay silent, his nerves getting the best of him.

"okay well, y/n's staying in my guest bedroom which is down the hall and the second door on the left."

the boys nodded and said their thanks, departing for the guest bedroom. renjun was beginning to feel way too excited, he wanted to hug y/n as soon as he saw him.

"she was really nice," jeno mentioned. renjun crinkled his nose up.

"who cares, let's find y/n already."

jeno scoffed at the other as they arrived at the guest bedroom. he and renjun exchanged looks of anticipation, knocking on the door.

"come in."

renjun noticed that y/n's voice sounded very tired, but he pushed the thought aside as they entered the room.

"hey, could you bring me a-"

y/n stopped the second his eyes met his groupmates'. his heart sank and his stomach turned.

"what're you guys doing here?.."

"well gee, we missed you too." jeno said jokingly.

renjun let out a tiny squeal and jumped onto y/n's bed, going to hug him.

"ah- injunnie, wait." y/n said as he stopped the boy. renjun frowned. "sorry, it's just- y'know, i'm tired and.. yeah."

jeno furrowed his brows. y/n was looking anywhere but the two of them. something was wrong.

renjun nodded disappointedly but perked up a bit when y/n began playing with his hair.

"so how's the injury?" jeno asked as he leaned on the bedpost.

"it's okay.. getting better."

jeno nodded, trying to keep his skeptical thoughts to himself. he could see both y/n's legs up to his knees, as he didn't have his blanket covering them. they looked perfectly fine and injury-free. jeno looked at him again. he and renjun were in their own little world, the male still playing with renjun's hair.

"y/n?"

he looked at jeno, letting out a hum in response.

"what's really going on here?" he asked suspicously. y/n stopped his movements and renjun looked at jeno confusedly.

"w-what do you mean?"

jeno sighed and sat at the foot of the bed.

"you don't have an injured leg or ankle or whatever. what's really going on with you?"

y/n didn't know what to say. he looked between jeno and renjun, trying to form some kind of answer.

"i.."

jeno just continued to look at him as he waited for a response. y/n took a deep breath and sat up a bit.

"okay um.. i'll tell you."