Chapter 7

Hay! THIS IS SOOO LATE IM SO SORRY:( :( Ik people have been saying that my chappys are a little short but to promise this one will be a bit longer. Yay!

Kk enjoy!!!!

Penelope's POV

I looked at Louis and Eleanor's lips locked and my heart sank all the way to the bottom of my stomach.

Why did I feel this way?

Eleanor looked over at me. "Hi, my name is Eleanor! Who are you?" She asked, she sounded really friendly.

"Um, my name's Penelope. N-Nice to meet you Eleanor." I stuttered a little, heck I was meeting THE Eleanor Calder, famous girlfriend of Louis Tomlinson. I had completely forgotten that Louis had a girlfriend....

Oh.

And she was gorgeous.

"Isn't she cute?" Eleanor asked Louis in a failed attempt at a whisper. I heard her loud and clear. I'm as old as you! I'm not five!

I looked away uncomfortable, trying to find anything else to focus on. My eyes found an old man sitting in a chair, waiting for something. He looked so familiar. Where did I know him from?

I went over to him, ignoring Louis and Eleanor, and sat down in the chair beside him.

The man didn't even look at me. Did I really expect him too? I mean he was just some random old man.

What am I doing anyway?

"What're you here for?" I asked, staring straight ahead.

I sat there a couple of seconds before he said something in a deep old man voice. It sounded familiar for some reason. "Heart."

"Oh." I said, wondering why I even asked him that. Why was I making conversation with some random old man?

I've lost it, I really have.

"You here with anybody else?" I asked again, curious.

"No." He replied, emotionless.

"You got any family?" I inquired, not knowing why I even cared.

"No." He replied again.

Suddenly, I leaned over and gave him a side hug. He needed one. I felt him tense under me, but then sigh and relax.

"You remind me of my granddaughter." He said, wistfully.

"What happened to her?" I asked, slightly afraid of the answer.

He pulled away and looked me in the eye.

Before would say anything, a doctor came out of a room, looking distressed.

"Mr. Murray, we are ready for your surgery."

Wait, what? Was this man going to have surgery? But.... don't they have to prepare you or something?

He sighed as stood up, walking after the doctor without a backward glance.

I shook my head, kind of confused on what was happening.

Liam walked up to me, "Are you ready to go?"

"Um, yeah..." I said, unsure. Why was this old man still on my mind? I mean am I a crazy? He just looked so familiar......

It hit me like a tsunami.

He looked exactly like my grandfather. The one that had cheated on my grandma when I was five. I remembered now.

It was a huge messy divorce, full of custody battles and law suits. They had been married for 25 years. I remember my dad being so sad.

I had only known him for a little while. I'm surprised I even recognized him, it was so long ago.