Chapter 10

Penelope's POV

I stood in line, sweating. I was craning my neck to try and see the boys. I think this is the most nervous I've ever been.

I was at the signing. I was actually here, at the One Direction CD signing.

I was about to see Louis and Liam again.

Just the idea scared the crap out of me.

I sighed and tried to take breaths to calm my racing heart. Oh god! I hope I don't pass out. That would be so embarrassing.

I could clearly hear the boys now.

One of the burly guards grabbed my CD and took out the part that they would sign.

I walked up. Here goes nothing, I thought to myself.

************************************

Louis's POV

I looked up, glancing at the fans in line and I nearly had a cardiac arrest.

It was her. The girl from the crash, Penelope. She was here, at the signing.

I stared.

She stared back.

I stared some more.

Liam looked over at me, "Lad, you okay?"

He slowly turned his head, to look at what my gaze was set on.

I heard him intake a sharp breath. "Penelope? She's here?" He leaned over and whispered in my ear, sounding startled.

I couldn't even manage to nod.

How come this girl always seemed to show up? I mean, it was 4 hours ago when we let her out of the car to her apartment.

I thought that was going to be the last time I was going to see her.

Nope.

When it was her turn to walk up to the table, I didn't know what to do.

Should I play cool and pretend that I wasn't at all shocked by the fact that she was here?

Or should I pretend like I didn't know her?

I was stuck, but she was advancing at a rapid pace. I looked at her face, she seemed to have put on a little bit of makeup, not much.

She looked good. She really did.

Scratch that, she was gorgeous.

"Hey." She said. My breath hitched in my throat. I still don't know why I always feel so shaky around her. It wasn't a bad feeling, though.

"Hi." I replied, trying to use the same tone that I used with all the fans. If she didn't go soon I was going to die of heart failure, I swear.

I looked down and concentrated on signing to CD. I tried to ignore the fact that I felt Penelope's presence right in front of me. It was very distracting.

She slowly moved down the row and greeted some of the other boys, they didn't seem to think she was out of the ordinary.

Then she walked up to Zayn.

************************************

Penelope's POV

Zayn. Damn, he was hot. Like for real. Even hotter in real life than in my posters.

My eyes traveled to me his and I sucked in a breath. His eyes were breathtaking. They were the most gorgeous color of brown, like milk chocolate.

He smiled a small smile.

"Hey beautiful." He said, his accent making me weak at the knees. My cheeks flushed a dark red. I was blushing so hard right now.

My heart was racing and I suddenly felt very self conscious of my movements. I silently hoped that I didn't fall down or embarrass myself.

Before I could even respond, I was being shuffled down the row. Zayn and Louis were all the way on the other side of the table now.

The security guard directed me out of the little pavilion that had the boys in it, and suddenly I felt very empty. The whole experience was over quicker than it had started.

Well. That was short. I didn't even get to have a conversation with Louis.

What the conversation would be about, I don't know.

Honestly, I didn't know what I had been expecting. Did I want them to invite me to their apartment? Express their love for me? Give me their phone number?

Gosh, I'm so lame. I need to stop all these insane dreams.

Although all of those sounded completely insane. I barely even knew any of them!

I just thought I would've at least gotten some sort of small amount of special treatment since I was in a car crash with them. But it was over now and I hadn't.

I looked down at the CD in my hands. At least I had a memory from this whole experience.

I started to trudge away toward the parking lot when I felt a big hand grasp my arm.

I turned around to see one of the bodyguards looking at me with his intense stare.

"Louis told me to fetch you." He said, his British accent surprising me.

Louis had told security to get me. My heart warmed. Maybe I hadn't imagined the chemistry between us.

I hope that I hadn't.

But I couldn't help thinking that it was just wishful thinking.

***********************************

Sorry its LATE OMG so sorry.

More soon this time I PROMISE!

xxxxx

ima_mermaid