Chapter 5

I sink to the floor of the elevator. Now Snow is going to figure out a way to kill me. I start to cry. The elevator doors open. I'm the first one back. I sprint to my room and close the door. I don't bother to take the dress off. I cry myself to sleep.

No one wakes me in the morning, which I thought was weird. I take a deep breath and take a shower. I change into a t-shirt and sweatpants. No one gave me anything specific to wear, so I just put on something I choose. I go out into the main room and see everyone in front of the TV. I shrug and decide to see what is going on. The seal of Panem is on the screen and a countdown.

"Nice to see you, sweetheart," Haymitch says. I roll my eyes. Peeta avoids my gaze. I would too if I were him. Especially with that episode that happened last night.

The countdown reaches zero and Caesar appears on the screen. "Last night as you know, we found out more about the star-crossed lovers from District 12. So head Gamemaker Heavensbee decided to push Peeta and Katniss out of the Games. There is only one more victor from District 12, so Haymitch Abernathy will take Peeta's place. However, there will have to be a reaping for the new female tribute. We will be holding this live later today. The Games will be pushed back one week." The program ends. Everyone looks at us. No one says anything. I think they don't have anything to say.

"I-I'm sorry Haymitch..." I start but he just walks away. Then everyone else does too. Except for Peeta. He stays and hugs me while I cry my heart out. Later the reaping is on. All of the female teens stand in the square. I told Prim to not take any tesserae, so her name is only in there twice since she is thirteen. They have one of the peacekeepers pulling the names, because Effie couldn't make it back in time. The peacekeeper pulls out a slip and walks to the microphone.

"Primrose Everdeen."

I freeze. Again? No, not again. No, no, no, no, no. She can't go in. No. And I'm not there to volunteer. No, no, no. No one volunteers for her. She slowly makes her way up to the stage.

"Any volunteers?" the peacekeeper asks. No one says anything. I look down at my hands. Prim will be coming to the Capitol. And I am training her to die.

>>-----> ♡ <-----<<

Sorry it was so short! This is the point in the story where I stopped copying and pasting. So I'm just going to copy and paste the rest of the story from my version history.

TOAST OUT