chapter 4

"P-please go out with me!" Chongyun shoves a box of chocolates in Xingqius' face.

The blue haired boy's face heated up and he turned red as he accepted the gift.

Zhongli slightly giggled at the sight of his lovely students confessing on valentine's day. Sounds of students giggling in excitement as other students gave them flowers and chocolates echoed throughout the hallways. Zhongli sighed as he knew the other teachers were going to tease him about him being single again.

Someone tapped zhonglis shoulder and he turned around.

"Speaking of the devil," he muttered.

"Mr. Zhongli! My dearest friend." smiled venti.

"Hello Mr. Venti and Ms. Ei." Zhongli rolled his eyes.

"My, my, are you still single? Again? Another year?" Ei went straight to the point.

"Oh, shut up, Venti's also single isn't he."

"Oh I uh-" The short male ran off.

"Haha imagine being single." Ei snickered as a wild Yae Miko came up behind her and gave Ei a kiss.

"Ugh go be flirty somewhere else this is a school." Zhongli turned around and left.

Zhongli left to go on the roof where he saw another person there. Were they also lonely on valentine's day?

Zhongli approached the young male on the roof.

"Oh, Xiao!" Zhongli smiled. If he had to pick a favourite student, he would be it.

"Eh?" Xiao jumped as he didn't think another person would be up here on valentine's day.

"Hello there Xiao," Zhongli smiled.

"H-hi Mr. Zhongli." Xiao greeted.

"Alone too?"

"Yeah."

They awkwardly stood there alone for a while before Zhongli broke the silence.

"Well I'm sure you'll meet someone right one day, you're a great kid. Now, class is about to start. Let's head back."

"Thank you Mr. Zhongli."

They walk back downstairs together, feeling better about themselves.
______________________________

After 7 hours of feeling single and eating lunch alone, the school day was finally over. Zhongli decided to go back to Tartagalicious Cafe in hopes to see Childe and Lia so he doesn't feel as lonely.

'Oh wait, what if their closed or hanging out with their partners? I've never considered that...' Zhongli thought as he walked his usual route home.

Zhongli decided he wanted one of their delicious strawberry tarts and ended up going anyway.

The cafe was surprisingly empty today, even more empty than usual, about 3 people were spread around the room.

"Welcome!" Lia called out once again from behind the counter.

"Hello Lia." Zhongli smiled.

"Oh, also Childe wanted to tell you something so I'll let him serve you today." Lia ran upstairs.

A ginger was pushed down the stairs.

"Ow... Lia stop pushing me, seriously.." he winced.

Childes face immidiately brightened up at the sight of Zhongli there, laughing at him in a kind way.

"Are you okay?" Zhongli showed a hint of worry.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" Childe got up and rushed over to the counter.

" So how can I help you today?" Childe gave his best smile.

"I'll take your signature strawberry tart and a Latte please, also Lia told me you had something to tell me?"

"Oh um yeah I have something to tell you, I'll go prepare your order first and we can talk later." Childe blushed.

"Alright, I'll go sit down then thank you Childe."

'UGH THAT B!TCH.' Childe blushed even more than he did while he made Zhongli's coffee. 'She's basically forcing me to confess at this point.'

"Oh what to do, what to do." He sighed.

The door suddenly opened and a small girl with brown hair who slightly resembled Zhongli walked in.

'OH I'M SAVED.' Childe sighed.

"Don't worry, I'll handle this one." Lia suddenly appeared.

"YOU'VE GOT TO STOP TELEPORTING LIA."

"Shh, go away. HELLO THERE! How may I help you?" Lias mood switched almost instantly.

"I'll take a uh-" the girl stopped taking and looked towards Zhongli.

"Zhongli?"

"Hu Tao!" Zhongli looked up.

(cliffhanger *giggles*)