5

I leaned against the wall as I waited for mother to return from her sex session. Uta had gone with a friend of hers from high school. I was bored being in this place. I heard faint heels clicking heading toward my current posture. Mother was walking side by side with some blonde idiot and with Uta behind her. 

''Oh, Karai!!''

I repositioned myself and walked over to my mother and sister. I looked up at the male next to her.

''Who's this joker?'' I asked in an annoyed tone.

''Why're you wearing a mask? You ugly or something?'' asked the blonde.

''Quite the opposite actually...'' I snarled, ''Mother, why must you choose the rude, blonde type?''

''Ugh, you just hate my taste in men, don't you?!'' she shouted.

''I question why you even consider joining these people... especially a foreigner...'' I growled, ''No matter... I'm heading out...''

''Absolutely not!!'' she said sternly, ''Adam, go ahead and do your own thing. I need a moment with my daughter...''

The stupid blonde nodded and did what he was told. I glared at him as he walked away. 

''Karai, Ms. Karu, can we please find Ohma and Yamashita-sama?'' asked Uta.

My mother turned to her and smiled softly.

''Of course! I can sense they are nearby~!''

I rolled my eyes and headed away from them. I looked to the side to see the two following me. I let out a soft growl as I made eye contact with Raian and his family. I felt myself bump my shoulder against an individual and a hand grip on my shoulder.

''Oi, who the hell do you think you-''

I turned around and glared at another blonde idiot. He was silent and his face began to turn red.

''Ah, Yamashita-Kun!''

''Ohma-san!''

''Karu-chan... Uta-chan?"

''Are you single?'' asked the male.

''Huh??''

''Oh, I see that Lihito is here...'' said mother, ''Unfortunately for you, my dear. I was going to have you marry my eldest if you won, but since you lost, I had lost all interest in you...''

''Wait! I was going to marry her?!'' shouted this Lihito character as he pointed at me.

''Of course, but again, you're weak, so don't even bother hitting on her or my youngest!'' she said in a dark tone, ''Yamashita-Kun! How are you enjoying yourself, hm~??''

Lihito took a step back shaking in fear. Mother can be intimidating when she wants to be. 

''Ms. Karu can change moods quickly huh, Karai?'' asked Uta.

''That's her nature...'' I said.

''Hey look!! It's Chairman Katahara!! What's he doing up there?!'' shouted the crowd.

Everyone in this god-forsaken ship looked up at the old man from the balcony.

''Thank you for waiting, ladies and gentlemen. Let's get started,'' said the old man, ''I will announce the upcoming schedule. In about 27 hours, the ship will arrive at the land of battle. Upon arriving at the land of battle, all Kengan Association members will register their fighters that will enter the tournament. This registration will officially enter them into the Kengan Annihilation tournament. And one more thing, any personal fights between fighters on board this ship are strictly forbidden. Those who break this ban will suffer punitive measures from the bodyguards. That is all, enjoy the rest of the voyage.''

I clenched my fist in a ball and scoffed at the old man's words.

''Karai, he's right. If you fight the Kure family, you'd suffer badly!'' said Uta.

''I can kill those pathetic bodyguards if I wanted to fight those stupid people, besides, I have more important matters to deal with...'' I said softly looking at Raian.

His face pissed me off. His stupid grin was annoying. I'm just glad I get to fight in this tournament again, just like my mother, grandmother, and the rest of my family. Maybe, just maybe, I get a chance to fight Raian again and make him pay for what he did to me. Perhaps, I can finally put an end to their family bloodline.

The Hoge and Kure family never got along, ever since the beginning of the whole Kengan matches. The first few generations who fought in the Hoge family were men, but they were killed quickly. The women were taken from their lovers and siblings by the Kure family and were raped and forced to carry their children. Those who were lucky enough to escape were able to raise their hybrid children. The others, on the other hand, were beaten to death and even killed their children between the ages of 1 to 10 years old. 

All the children that were born by their mothers who were able to escape, have Kure blood. But as generations went by, their Kure and Hoge blood made their children, mostly females, a lot stronger. They matched many of the male and female Kure's strengths. My mother was the only person who'd tried to make amends with the Kure family when nobody else would. It was going to work until that incident happened. My mother witnessed what had happened and nearly killed the person who I was going to marry. The head of the Kure family fought my mom. He managed to scar her, but the damage she inflicted on him caused him to age faster than he should.

I wouldn't forget my mother's words. Those same words motivate me to this very day.

''No matter how many times I'm struck, I will always stand up on my feet and fight again, and again!! Never forget this, Karai, Uta. Our blood comes from these very people in front of you and by the power of the Dragon!! The Dragon granted these powers many, many centuries ago!! Use them to your advantage, even if it means killing your opponent!!!''

''Karai, are you okay?''

I felt her fingers wipe a tear off my face. I let out a soft chuckle.

''Yeah, I was just remembering my family history and what mother told us both,'' I said with a smile forming under my mask.

''I figured you'd say that,'' she giggled. She took off my mask and held my face, ''When will you stop hiding your face, Karai?''

I looked at her soft blue eyes and let out a heavy sigh as I put my mask back in place.

''Until I kill Raian and end the Kure family, I will be able to show my face to the world,'' I said, ''I can't let these people think I'm more of a freak. You know how society treats my bloodline, Uta.''

She kept her eyes in contact with mine. She nodded and looked away for a while. I wrapped my arm around her neck and pulled her into a hug.

''Maybe... when I trust Ohma and Yamashita or whoever they are friends with, I will show them my face, that's a promise...'' I said softly.

She let out a soft gasp and wrapped her arms around my back. 

''Okay, I'll trust you, Karai!''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1120 words