2

I watched my mother as she laid on the floor drunk as the bottled rolled back and forth as her claws moved it. It was not even 12pm and she was drinking. That's the only way she can cope. After all, ever since my father had passed away, she has been lonely and busy for nearly all my life.

Uta came into my life as my step-sister. Her parents passed in a terrible accident. My mother arrange papers and meetings with courts and gotten permission to adopt her. It wasn't as lonely anymore, but we didn't really see mother during the day or night.

Perhaps that's why me and mother don't have much of a relationship. Especially after that accident 6 years ago. I don't really care if my mother meets a new man or what I like to call, plaything, as long as she is out of me and Uta's hair.

"Might as well get ready for my match tonight.... doubt I'll enjoy it..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

I was up against a rookie fighter, not the blonde idiot, but some other guy. I had my arms crossed as we waited for my opponent.

"So, where is he?" I asked the reff.

"He should be here, Miss Karai..."

I scoffed clearly annoyed by that answer. Another hour went by and I grew impatient. I looked at Uta and watched as she shrugged, not knowing where my opponent is.

"Is this fucker a no show then?! His boss wanted to pick a fight and his fighter ain't here?! WHAT KIND OF MATCH IS THIS?!"

I heard a laugh coming from behind the crowd. It sounded familiar. The tall figure stepped out from the crowd and felt my blood boil.

"Kure...."

"Hah! Karai! Long time no see, huh?~"

I glared his stupid grin and idiotic face. He laughed at me. He enjoyed toying with me.

"How's that new scar treatin' ya'? I heard it was real bad that you needed stitches! Why don't you sh..-"

I lunged forward and kicked his neck down and stepped on his head with force.

"You don't have the RIGHT to come here ESPECIALLY after what you and your brother did to me and Uta...."

He laughed.

"C'mon, Karai! You still can't be mad over that! It was just a joke!"

I stomped on his face harder and leaned over to look at his pathetic face.

"If you dare come near me and Uta again.... I will make sure mother and I end your entire fucking bloodline.... starting with your bastard of a grandfather..."

"K-Ka-Karai!"

"Don't even bother fighting.... I'll be taking my leave since my opponent was a no show...."

I walked back to Uta and glared at Reichi.

"Come near her and you're ass is dead..."

He backed up as Uta went to go collect the money I automatically won. She called my name and I slowly head towards her with my claws still out. Those bastards had the audacity to come near me and Uta, oh, don't worry.

"I'll make sure to kill every last one of them in the most painful way possible..."

"Karai, you know you can't!" Shouted Uta, "You don't know what they're capable of!"

"Yes, I do. Their second power, Removal, is nothing like mothers and I's power, Mimic. We can mimic our opponents fighting style and include our assassination skills..''

"I didn't know that! Why wasn't I aware of your techniques?"

"Cause mother didn't want you to know...''

"Oh. I wonder why though...''

I shrugged.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Uta opened the door and truth behold, the chair man was here as he and my mother laughed.

"Karai! hic Uta! Come say he-hic-llo to Metsudo!"

"Pass, I'm going to bed..."

"Karai!"

"Haha! You're daughter is just like you, Karu-chan! Say, are you entering her into the official kengan matches?"

"Of course! You know she's never once lost a fight since she was 15!"

I've heard enough. As I walked upstairs to my room, I looked at the pictures of me, Uta and mother. We were so happy. I never got a chance to meet my father. Mother said that he died in a terrible car accident.

I never really cared but my mother has a lot of vases. Each of them had different symbols and patterns on them. They were scattered all around the living room in obvious places. No matter, pretty sure Ohma has a match tomorrow, I doubt I will go. Mother's going to force me to go anyways to help protect Uta.

"One of these days.... I'm going to kill that old hag...''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

768 words