8

Well, yesterday was a nightmare. Now, I have a splitting headache. That damn prick! Whoever that furry-looking bastard was, I'll get him for humiliating me. I have to get him in line. Why must my life be so hard? 

"Argh... fucking hell," I grumbled under my breath.

"Are you okay, Karai?" asked Uta.

"Yeah, I just have a headache," I muttered, "Where's Mother?''

"I'm not sure," she said, "I believe she is with Adam. He and Cosmo are fighting tonight."

"That so? Shit, might as well head out then," I said, "Could you check if Mother has any Tylenol? I can't stand this headache."

Uta nodded as she turned to Mother's purse. She screams as she drops the bag onto the floor.

"What happened, Uta?" I asked frantically.

"C-C-C-Condoms! Lots of them!" she yells. "Agh! My mind is filled with unholy thoughts! Karai, help me!"

"Oh, for fucks sake," I groan. "This is normal for mother to have them in her purse!"

I picked the bag up from the floor and rummaged through the purse, finally taking out the small container of pills.

"Only two left," I muttered, then popped the pills in my mouth.

"Hey, Karai, now that I think about it, who is 'The Fang of Metsudo'?" Uta asks, "Ever since mother mentioned his name, I've been curious."

"Fang of Metsudo," I repeated, "He's the chairman's undefeated champion. Mother was his opponent when I was just an infant. She lost to him, but he bore severe injuries because of her. I couldn't understand how a man like him suffered such injuries, but according to Orihima, mother has a secret technique. The poison slowly enters their bloodstream when her claws strike at her opponent."

"Poison? How is this possible?" she asks. "Doesn't she get affected?"

"No," I continue, "Mother possessed this power before you and I were born. If anything, it makes her faster and more powerful. I don't understand how she lost to a man like that. She was so close to winning that tournament, but she lost."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"M-Miss Karai! It's me, Kazuo!"

"Come in!" Uta yells.

"K-Karai, your mother wishes to see you," Yamashita stutters.

"Ugh, great," I muttered, "Come on, Uta."

"Right behind you," she giggles.

"Mr. Kazuo, do you know why my mother wishes to see me?" I asked.

"I-I don't know," he says, "Ms. Karu didn't tell me. I do have a question, however. Your mother is well known around the Kengan Association. Why is that?"

"I was explaining this to Uta earlier," I said, "My mother went up against 'The Fang of Metsudo' when I was an infant. She was so close to winning, but she lost. The chairman's champion won the entire tournament but suffered severe injuries."

"S-S-she went against the chairman's champion?!" Kazuo shouts, "H-How strong is she?! Th-this is insane! I-I thought this tournament consisted of only men!"

"Yes, but my great-grandmothers before me and my mother surpassed their male fighters. Sure, the males were faster and more robust, but our women were more reliable, quick thinkers. We possess 'The Power of the Dragon,'" I explained, "This power gives us many abilities. Earth bending, fire bending, water bending, dragon-like skills. Many women in the past have possessed this kind of power, but only a few gained even more powerful elements, such as poisoned claws and mimics."

"That is quite the history," Kazuo mutters.

"Indeed," I nod.

"Oh, Mr. Yamashita! When is Ohma's competing?" Uta asks. "I would love to see him in action!"

"Oh! I believe he is up against Inaba Ryo," Kazuo mentions, "I'm not sure who he is though."

An assassin. Hah! That snake-haired bastard is nothing but a weirdo. I should know; mother tried to get me to marry him. His fighting techniques are so weird, too. I knew I should've burned his hair when" I saw him.

"Karai, are you okay? Your face is scaring Mr. Yamashita," Uta comments.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry," I muttered.

"Karai! Uta!" shouted my mother from afar, "Come quickly!"

"Mother, blonde fuck," I sneered.

"Right back at ya, bitch," Adam smirked.

"Now, there is no need to be fighting," Mother says, "Adam, you will do your best, yes?"

"I'll win this first round, babe," Adam laughs, "Just sit that pretty lil' ass and watch."

"Karai, Uta, do you have anything to say?" mother asks.

"I hope you rot in hell," I hissed.

"I-I really shouldn't," Uta says, "I am already rooting for Cosmo, my best friend."

"Oh, that's a shame," mother pouts, "Well, Adam, have fun!"

"I will," Adam grins.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I had a slight smirk on my face. Adam had his ass handed to him. I slowly turned my head to look at my mother's shocked expression. As Uta screamed Cosmo's name, I couldn't help but laugh at my mother's face. She put so much faith into that man, yet he failed just like all the other men she had hooked up with. 

"It's a shame that Adam lost, Mother," I said, "To think that he would win is quite amusing. Let me guess, you plan on leaving him now?"

Mother stayed quiet. She stood up from her seat and walked away. It's wrong to taunt your mother, but in this case, I don't give a fuck! That bastard had it coming anyway! 

"I'm glad Cosmo put that blonde fucker in his place!" I laughed, "Uta, let's go find Ohma and Kazuo."

"Before we do, Karai," Uta responds, "Where's Ms. Karu?"

(Karu's pov)

"Oh, Adam, you are deeply wounded," I said softly.

"I'm sorry, Karu," he says, "I shouldn't have been so cocky. That kid has quite the technique. I guess you're going to leave me, huh? Your daughter says you'd leave me eventually."

"My daughter is just bitter," I said, "What she says is true. I have left many of the men I have hooked up with. But you, Adam, are my chosen mate. The moment we looked at one another, I knew that you would be my future husband. My mate. Besides, I have a thing for blondes~."

"You...you are full of surprises," he chuckles, "I can't say I don't like it. I didn't think a mother of two grown girls would be so damn sexy."

"That's because I am far more intriguing than the women you have hooked up with in the past," I giggled, "And one more thing, I am quite possessive of my men."

I grabbed his face and stared into his blue eyes, "If you dare let any other women touch you or talk to you, I will kill them in the most painful way possible. You do not want to know what I did to my last husband..."

"I don't know whether to be turned on or be scared," he muttered.

I smiled softly as I placed my lips on his. I pulled away as I laid my head on his broad chest.

"I can't wait to have your children," I whispered.

"Me either," Adam chuckles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1109 words