☂︎︎┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

☂︎︎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃
written by: peachyhxlland

You and the other students were carried further into the Pilgrim World by Mistress Arlene. When she came to a stop, she turned to face everyone. "Yonder." She spoke and presented the building behind her. "Behold, the meeting house." She introduced. "Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone."

She introduced the next structure next to the meeting house for everyone. "And beyond is our privy, America's first gender-neutral restroom."

Wednesday took a step forward. "I haveth a query."

As soon as Mistress Arlene's eyes settled on Wednesday, her smile vanished. "Pray, be quick, child."

"In the meeting house, which of Joseph Cracksrone's artifacts are on display?"

"It is truly a treasure trove, including original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family champer pot."

"Sounds fascinating." Wednesday feigned an excited tone. "I volunteer to work in there."

Wednesday was stopped in her tracks by Mistress Arlene's voice before she could leave. "Pray, no." The lady said. "That exhibit is being renovated. Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World."

All of you were directed by Mistress Arlene to the Ye Olde Fudgery shop on Pilgrim World. You, Eugene, and Wednesday all turned to face the store sign as the pilgrim lady brought out a tray of uniforms for everyone. Eugene smiled along with you. "Ye Olde Fudgery?" Eugene asked in excitement.

Wednesday's frown deepened. "More like ye olde diabetes in a box." She commented.

"Volunteers, prick up thine ears." Mistress Arlene announced. "Fudge is the lifeblood of our humble community. And samples equals sales, so grab a uniform and a box and make our forefathers proud."

Wednesday seized a cloth from the silver tray and fixed her gaze at Mistress Arlene. "Are these for muzzling tourists?"

Mistress Arlene's smile dropped once more and her eyes twitched in annoyance and frustration.

Wednesday was dragged away by you so you could change into your uniforms at a nearby restroom. The other students began to change into their uniforms as well. The two of you walked out of your stalls and stared at each other. "I look ridiculous," Wednesday muttered under her breath in irritation.

"At least it came with your color." You smiled, trying to cheer the girl up. Wednesday gave you a blank stare before heading into the store, and you followed after.

Trays of samples of fudge were given to you and everyone started working. You and the others were all in your uniforms and have trays in your hands filled with samples for the visitors and tourists to take.

You gave a few visitors a small smile after a few hours of work as they took some samples from your tray.

Since you were hesitant to speak, you simply smiled at the visitors. But even so, it was difficult for you because your anxiety was already elevated by the mere thought of interacting with a stranger.

The business, however, was being destroyed by Wednesday when she educated the tourists with some real information. Due to this, everyone started to leave the store, and Wednesday received a severe glare from Mistress Arlene which she returned with a smirk.

Your cheeks were worn out from smiling all day, so you made the decision to take a break. You took one sample and ate it inside the store, leaving the tray behind. You were walking around Pilgrim World when you saw Eugene eating by himself next to a guillotine.