Drive-In Jealousy

Y/n's POV:

The next day, I was walking into town along my brother and Ponyboy. I wore the usual clothes I did, jeans and a leather jacket. I would've gone into work today but Steve and Soda said they could handle it. Dally said he was gonna meet us in town so Ponyboy, Johnny, and I walked over. Two-Bit said that if he isn't that boozed up, maybe he'll swing around.

I saw Dallas near a light post, smoking a cigarette like usual. Ponyboy hit his shoulder and he glanced up at us.

"What's goin' on, Dal?" Johnny asked Dallas.

"'Sup," Ponyboy greeted. Dally took a drag out of his cigarette. I watched the smoke rise into the air.

"We're early," Dal said. Yeah, no duh! We asked him what he wanted to do, he paused for a second and then answered with something only Dallas Winston would say. "Nothin' legal, man. Let's get outta here." As we started to walk down the sidewalk, Dally eyed some Soc chick who walked past us. I rolled my eyes at the boy.

"Wow, Dally. Really know how to get a gal, huh?" I asked him. He gave me a wide smirk as Johnny and Ponyboy began to talk nonstop in front of us.

"Well, I didn't expect you to be the jealous type," he told me. I rolled my eyes once again at the boy as he gave me a sly grin.

"I ain't jealous," I replied. Dally wiggled his eyebrows at me as I took his lighter and lit my own weed.

"Sure you ain't," Dally slung his arm around my shoulder in a more flirtatious way as we walked over to a lot in front of some store. I recognized one of the cars as being some greaser's car.

We talked to him for a little bit until some greasers started to push around this kid. We walked over to the fight that was about to happen as we watched those greasers push the person to the ground. Dally and I got the best view of this but it didn't matter when the kid pulled out a blade and Dally, Johnny, Ponyboy, and I walked behind the car so we wouldn't be sliced to threads. A fuzz car showed up and that's when we made our great escape from the situation.

As we walked over to the DX and saw Soda and Steve fixing a car, I heard Steve say, "hey Soda, here come the hobos." I rolled my eyes at Steve's remark as we walked over to them.

"Hey, Sodapop!" Ponyboy greeted. Steve walked over to me and gave me a genuine smile.

"Hey, smalls!" Steve greeted me. Smalls is his nickname for me. He says it's 'cause I'm shorter than him but it's kind of some way to try and bug me.

"Hi, Steve!" I stood against a car using it for support when Dallas came over to me. Dally snatched the windshield wiper to the car they were fixing and leaned against the side of the car, next to me.

"Eh, I got no cash," Ponyboy told Sodapop. Dallas chuckled as he fiddled with the windshield wiper in his hands.

"Hey man, can I buy this windshield wiper?" Dally asked, making me snicker. Dally smirked at me as Steve grumbled.

"C'mon, Dally!" Steve tried to reach for the windshield wiper but Dally was too quick and put it behind his back. Steve gave Dallas a glare before he decided to give it back to Steve.

"I got the money," Soda said. With that, we left the two boys there to work. We began walking along the sidewalk again, it was still early and we had nothing better to do than walk around.

"So, what's the movie about?" Johnny asks. Dally put my brother in a headlock and pretended to punch him square in the head. When Dally released Johnny, Johnny said, "c'mon, Dallas! Huh?"

"I don't know, John, one of those beach movies you know they put a whole bunch around here," Dally peered through the window of the store next to us before we make it to our usual spot between the buildings.