Chapter 2: Friends

Peter's POV

After 3 whole ass hours of lame classes, it's finally lunch. I head to the football bleachers, TK following while blabbing about their thoughts on the possibility of there being a hybrid cryptid. That was before they were hit in the head with a piece of paper. I look over and my mood dies. More than it already has. Standing there was the school sluts, Vio and Lucy.
  "What's going on, goth boy and broccoli head?" Vio said with a smirk.
  "What are you 2 whores doing here?" I growl.
They know damn well this is where I come to get away from people like them.
  "Hanging around. Got a problem, prick?" Lucy asked.
I growled in anger, clenching my fists. TK stepped between me and the other 2, attempting to prevent a fight.
  "We do not have any problems, right Peter?" TK asked.
  "Yes I fucking do! This is my spot and you know it!" I shout, pushing TK to the side and getting up in Vios face.
I was taller than a majority of the Highschoolers. So I easily could look down at Vio. I snarled in anger while Vio just chuckled.
  "Whatcha gonna do, shark teeth? Bite me?" Vio mocked, laughing.
  "Says the snake!" I snap.
  "Guys guys. Let's just... Not fight. Peter, we can go to the other side of the football field, ok? Ok." TK said, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from Vio.
I pulled my hand away from TK, but still followed them, glaring at Lucy and Vio as we left. They both snickered as we walked away. Soon they were out of view and I huff in annoyance, kicking a rock in anger.
  "Calm down." TK said.
  "I am calm!" I said, glaring at TK.
  "No... No you're not." TK said.
I roll my eyes and duck under the bleachers, walking over to one of the posts and sitting down, pulling out a cigarette and a lighter, lighting it and taking a drag.
  "Those guys are fucking pukes." I mutter, blowing the smoke to the side.
  "They just do it to get under your skin. You gotta learn to ignore them." TK explained.
  "Well I can't ignore them when they're making out in my spot, TK." I say, taking another drag.
TK sits down next to me and pulls out their notebook, showing me a drawing.
  "So this is my theory of what the hybrid cryptid looks like." TK said.
I take the notebook and bring it to my face, looking at it.
  "Neat." I said, handing it back.
  "You know, maybe if you wore your glasses, you could see shit. Or at least your contacts." TK said.
  "I don't NEED them." I say.
  "Well clearly you do. You're as blind as a bat." TK said.
  "Am not! I have great vision. At night..." I said, hesitantly.
  "Yeah. At night. Not during the day." They said, drawing some more.
  "What would you do if you found a cryptid?" I ask, changing the subject.
TK shrugs.
  "Probably shit myself." They said with a laugh.
  "Pussy." I say with a grin.
  "Oh don't even. You know damn well you'd be horrified too. I mean, especially if you were face to face with one." TK said.
  "Maybe. But I don't know. I think I'd be way more fascinated than scared." I explain.
  "I mean same here but, it would definitely be thrilling." TK says.
  "Would you try and get pictures or videos to show the world or no?" I ask.
  "I would get pictures and videos but... I don't know if I'd show them to the world. I'd probably get called a phony and a fake." TK explains.
  "Point taken. And I would. But I don't care what people say. I'd do it for the people who believe." I said.
TK nodded.
  "Ah good point." They said.
I take a few more drags before dropping my cigarette and stepping on it with my boot, putting it out.
  "Wouldn't it be something though to find one of those creatures?" I ask.
  "Oh definitely. It'd be a dream come true." TK said, looking up at me with a smile.
Just then the school bell rang. I let out a groan, standing up.
  "Back to hell we go." I murmur.
  "Indeed." TK said.
As we walked, TK's face was shoved into one of the many books they were reading.
  "Whatcha reading now?" I ask.
TK immediately shuts the book and looks up at me.
  "Oh nothing." They said.
I squint my eyes at them and grab the book from them.
  "Hey!" They shout, trying to grab it back.
I look over the book and burst into laughter.
  "Is this a love story?" I ask, holding it away from their grasp.
  "So! Now give it back!" They yell.
  "What's it about?" I asked, handing it back.
  "Just... You're average High-school love story. The bully falls in love with their crush." TK said, embarrassed.
They put the book in their bag and they look away from me.
  "Awe~ Do you have a crush on your bully?" I joke.
  "The only bully I have is you. And you're already my friend." They say with a frown.
I give them a odd glare.
  "You better not start confessing feelings for me." I say.
  "Oh you wish!" They say, looking back at me with a frown.
  "Tch I do not! I don't have feelings!" I snap.
  "That's what I thought." They said.
  "But do you for real like someone?" I ask.
  "I mean, kinda." They mutter.
  "Who?" I ask, curiously.
  "It's no one." TK sighs.
I decide not to push it and just nod as we enter the school and head to our next class.

(958 words)