[4]

tw;

Dream woke up, surprised to suddenly be in bed. He didn't want to move though. he hadn't been even near something so comfortable in ages. he was so so happy to finally be away from his father.. for good this time. 

Dream turned over, surprised to see quacity who was sitting next to the bed,, laying his head on the bed, asleep. he smiled at the sight.. Quackity must've been up all night simply to make sure he was alright. 

He sighed, getting off the bed, stretching. he walked around the bed, he picked up q, placing the duck hybrid on the bed. 

He looked behind himself to see nightmare.. he felt his blood boil seeing the man that was the cause of all his pain..oh how he wanted to tear him apart. 

he knew Nightmare wasn't human,, he wasn't even the type of demon Dream was even though he acted as though he was. he knew he wouldn't win even if he did fight him, after all he was the lowest ranked demon there was. 

he watched as nightmare looked back at him, obviously amused. He knew what Dream wanted,, but he simply ignored it.

the thought of Nightmare harming him again and then manipulating him into thinking otherwise clouded his mind. Nightmare laughed,,

"what? got a staring problem?~" Dream huffed in frustration, bolting at nightmare.

he simply laughed, dodging,, "aww~ you missed!~"

....

...

"head up, feet steady with your shoulders." they laughed as Dream quickly shifted. "you're doing so well, my love.." Dream smiled at that, happy to hear a bit of praise. 

They had trained for hours upon hours, days upon days,, soon they had been training for years.

Dream smiled, seeing his chance to strike. He watched as they got ready to strike themselves. They run at Dream after steadying themselves. 

Dream restrains them quickly, sweeping at their feet. they fall and Dream topples them, his legs restraining their arms and his arms ready to choke them out. They let out a breathy laugh,, 

"yield. you win.." Dream gets up, throwing his arms in the air,, 

"woo!" He laughs, already out of breath. They giggled,,

"use your training well, my love.." Dream smiled,,

"I will, darling.."

....

...

Dream ran at Nightmare, missing and nearly tripping. He exhaled, steadying himself and getting in position. ' "remember, everyone has a signal before they strike." '

Dream watched Nightmare close, waiting. Nightmare's fists curled, his tail swinging. Dream got ready,, he watched as Nightmare's tail swayed a little faster and then..

Nightmare ran towards Dream, although he teleported before getting too close, it didn't surprise him. Dream swiftly turned around and punched behind him, hitting Nightmare in the stomach. 

"fuck-!",, "wow, not bad.."

Dream backed up, ready for him to rush at him again. only to realize that he wasn't going again. Nightmare was going to use illusions, 'of course it's illusions..'

Dream exhaled heavily, he stayed put. he knew eventually Nightmare would get bored and strike again. he was NOT going to waste his energy on illusions that Nightmare could easily just spawn more.

Dream trusted his gut, and without warning he had stabbed a random one with the blade he had grabbed before starting the fight.

A scream echoes throughout the house, then silence fell once again. did Dream hit him?.. Dream looked over to see Nightmare on the ground, failing to keep blood from flooding out of his stomach and mouth. 

Dream wanted to throw up on the spot.. the gore was too much to handle- even if he had dealt with that kind of stuff his whole life..

"Dream?.." Dream swiftly turned around, seeing q at the doorway. thankfully, he still couldn't see Nightmare. "are you alright?.."

"oh- uh yeah, im fine!.."

quackity walked up to him, pretty concerned. "it's so loud out here.."

"heh-.. yeah.."

~~~

a few hours later, dream had finally fallen asleep and quackity had to go to work. quackity walks out of his room having just finished getting ready. 

he looks at the dirty blonde, for once he was able to get a good look at him. he smiled softly as he saw the dirty blonde shift slightly. 

"adorable.."

he looked at the time, silently curing and running out of the house. Dream perked up, yawning. 

he looked the way quackity had gone, but just sat there. he knew there wasn't much he could do so he got up, walking to quackity's room. 

he walked to q's closet, looking inside. he started to look through the closet, he grabbed a sheathed dagger from the bottom.

he silently closed the closet, walking upstairs and into the attic. he looked at nightmare, who he had hid in the attic. he unsheathed his dagger, looking at the right red ruby at the handle of the dagger.

"im sorry.." 

dream stabbed nightmare straight into his chest, watching the dull dagger's ruby grow even more red. he got up, watching nightmares breathing slowly fall, and then his breathing completely stopped.

~~~

 NIGHTMARES DEAD BBG