Chapter 5

The next evening, Lakshya packed up his work at 6 sharp.

He went 2 floors down to meet Moksha.

Someone alerted Moksha as soon as they saw him. "Moksha! Don't you dare ditch us for him!"

The girl did not bother if he heard her. She continued, this time speaking to him instead, "We're in the middle of testing. Later we also got to deploy the build."

Moksha finally turned to him and gave him a smile. Then she pouted.

Lakshya smiled back and shook his head.

Moksha put down her headphones after typing 'brb' into the chat.

She got off her chair and crossed over her colleague's on her way.

"The build from the last sprint spilled over...," she whispered to him while she made a cute face.

Lakshya chuckled. He held her hand and swung it a little bit.

"Your loss." He said, tilting his head.

She hit him. "Your loss!" She really loved it when he dropped her off on his motorbike. She had to take the office cab today.

He stifled his laughter as he hid his face from her. Next, he looked into her eyes. "My loss, beautiful."

"Moksha? Yes, Harsha. She is currently..." Her friend said into her headset.

"Hey!" Moksha said to her. God knew how embarrassed she would be if her friend said she was talking with her boyfriend for the whole team to hear.

"Let's talk tomorrow over lunch," she told Lakshya. She then went to her desk, hitting her colleague on her way.

Lakshya smiled at her and waved but she did not look at him.

He knew she was upset with the whole proposal thing he pulled a month ago. She was finally ready to talk about it.

He waited for a while more. He decided to keep aside two full hours for lunch the next day.

He waved again.

Moksha looked at him this time. She stopped, glared at him, then pouted and finally waved back.

Content and happy, Lakshya finally left.

∼•∽

Lakshya spent until the agreed upon lunch restlessly.

He could not get much work done. His thoughts flew to the past.

He first met Moksha when he went to their college for a hackathon. He was in his final year and she was in her second year.

She was not a competitor, but was there to document the event.

That was the first thing he knew about her, that she was passionate about photography.

At first glance she did not look much different from the rest of her friends. All were wearing their club T-shirts, with a big lens and shutter on them and all had white caps on.

The hackathon ran for 24 hours. At 2 A.M. one of his friends was asleep. Another was eating one apple after another while never taking his eyes off the monitor.

He was unable to fight his sleep or hunger. He told them he would get something from the canteen and walked out.

In the cool midnight breeze, on that dark road, he soon realised he was not alone.

A girl from the photography club was also walking in the same direction.

"Heading to the canteen?" He asked as he turned around to her.