Chapter 13

Utpal was a huge anime fan and a keyboardist. Lakshya liked every score Utpal brought to their practice sessions. Both of them were software engineers and knew each other from college. Their friend group had another person. Deepak was a psychologist and he was Lakshya's school friend. Many of their other friends drifted apart, and when Lakshya introduced Utpal and Deepak to each other, they became good friends.

To the convention, Lakshya came with Moksha, Deepak with his girlfriend, and Utpal flirted with some girl at the convention and got himself a plus one.

That day Utpal and Lakshya had 2 songs to perform. After the first one, he no longer had the mood to. But he got himself back together and performed so as to not put the other players in trouble.

When it was all over, he left with Moksha. They had a dinner date planned, but he drove her home. She understood him. She gave him a hug asking him not to think too much.

But how could he not?

He needed to clear his head. He started his bike.

Unfortunately for him, it seemed he did not have a chance.

He parked his bike not paying attention to Shreya and her friend.

However, they were in his way.

"How did you know she'd be here?" Neha's eyes were sharp.

"Really now?" He looked briefly at Neha before fixing his eyes on Shreya.

"Go watch Shreekant." Shreya said. If there was an opportunity to talk to him, she just wanted to.

"You really don't want your brother to know."

Lakshya looked gaunt. It seemed he told the truth when he said she ruined his day. There was a bitter smile on her face. "I won't apologise for what my friend said. You were just as rude before."

"I need none of your sorrys." He clearly implied many more things.

Shreya was silent.

There was commotion among the people. The sun was setting.

Shreya gazed at the bright horizon as the sun disappeared.

When she turned back to Lakshya, she saw him looking at her, rather intently, and into her eyes at that. She was a little shocked.

Lakshya stared at the peaceful look on her face, something he saw for the first time. Orange sun reflected in her pupils and she had a soft golden glow on her face.

When she looked back at him, he looked over to the horizon. "I guess I was indeed a little too rude to you."

Shreya was surprised.

"Bye," he said and went on his way.

"Bye." Shreya whispered when he was already far away.

Shreya's farewell was to Lakshya, however, it was not the other way around. The purpose with which Lakshya visited the beach was to clear his head. Now the bye he said was to his thoughts.

What could he do? He was stuck. He did note that there were currently two paths in front of him. Either he would end up being an unfaithful husband, or he would have to live a life of agony.

The first option seemed much, much better. Even if he would not be loyal to his wife, at least he could be loyal to the love of his life. Should that even be classified under being unfaithful? As long as Moksha was the only girl he would entangle with, he was a good man.

As for Shreya, he had to ignore this problem. He said bye to brooding over the problem. He just had to maintain a cordial stance with her.

∼•∽