Chapter 7

In a restaurant in the afternoon, Lakshya and Moksha sat across a small table in a private corner.

They were waiting for their order.

"I really don't feel like talking about this..." Moksha said.

Lakshya gave her an apologetic smile. "I wish we didn't have to."

Moksha hummed and asked, "How are things at home?"

"I told you I saw a girl, didn't I? If it's a no from her, I said they can't force me anymore."

After a moment, he confessed, "But I don't think they'll stop. My granddad's health is weakening. He says he does not want to bother his daughters. He does not speak to my dad either." When he spoke to his parents we lied to himself that he was safe. Extreme optimism was what extreme pressure did to him.

If not for Moksha, he would have believed in it for days and months. But somehow, if he was with her, he was able to face reality better. She was his strength.

Moksha was distressed. She walked to the other side and sat beside him. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"What should I do?"

Lakshya hugged her with one arm, but didn't say anything.

Moksha looked up. "I love you. I really love you. But I don't want to be away from my mom and dad... I am not ready..."

Lakshya hugged her tighter. "I love you too, Moksha. I can't imagine my life with anyone else."

Moksha teared up but quickly got a hold of herself. She kissed him on the cheek.

Lakshya caught her lips in the next moment.

Moksha closed her eyes.

Somewhere during their warm and wet kiss, she felt Lakshya's thumbs at the corners of her eyes.

She smiled into their kiss and more tears formed in her closed eyes. This was how good she was at hiding her tears from him.

They parted when they calmed down.

Lakshya said, "She was very rude when I said I didn't want to marry. No woman in her sane mind would accept."

Moksha had an aggrieved fire in her eyes. It matches the pout on her lips. "Even if she does, I'll make her go insane. I... I don't care!"

Lakshya was stunned.

He had been scared of an imminent breakup for more than a month. Hearing Moksha's words at that moment, he kissed her again. In that kiss was their promise to each other. A promise that nothing could pull them apart, a promise of fighting fate, and a promise of forever.

Their order arrived shortly after Moksha went to the restroom to fix her appearance and returned. The waiter served them and left.

Moksha was composed and she cheered up a bit.

They enjoyed their meals sitting across.

When they were done, both messaged their bosses that they were sick and needed a leave for the rest of the day.

They went to a romantic movie and after that ate street food while walking leisurely.

When it was time for dinner, they were already full. They walked for some more time before Lakshya dropped her off.

During their date, Lakshya hugged her almost all the time. They held hands except when they rode his bike.

Moksha left after giving him one last peck.

∼•∽

Two days went by uneventfully for Shreya.

It was Friday. She was having lunch with Zahra.