Story Idea 20 (Taken)

Just a story idea. This story is based off of the song "If I die Young" by the Perry Band. You can change anything you want. Just let me know if you want it so I can change it to taken.

Title: Bed of Roses (Can be changed)

Excerpt: At a funeral for a young teenage girl or boy

The sun shone brightly on that day. I remember being disgusted with the world that it would shine the sun so bright and clear on that particular day. The days before and the days after were as cloudy as could be. But that day...the day of the funeral...it just had to be sunny. When everyone on that day was miserable, the world acted as though they didn't matter. That he didn't matter.  

But they did. He did.

He mattered.

He brought the sun when all I wanted were clouds. He made me smile when no one else could. He helped me cope with the pain I felt. He helped me through all the hospital visits; all the therapy; all the treatments; and all the failures.

But when it should have been me to die....it was him...

Maybe that is what I don't understand; what I am angry with.

His life ended when it was my life that was supposed to end.

Character (Can be changed):

~Liz~

-Her father is always working

-Her mother is busy with children

-She has 5 siblings, one sibling out of the house

-her sister is a paramedic with dark auburn hair and deep brown eyes

-She has a disease and gets sick a lot; she collapses a lot.

Written Piece:

I awoke to the sounds of beeps from machines and the wiz of sirens. I felt a slight rumble beneath me and I instantly knew where I was. The smell of disinfectant just confirmed my suspicions. I must have collapsed again, although I don't remember it. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at the paramedic on the left side of me. Her dark auburn hair was pulled into a tight bun, and when she glanced at me and smiled, I saw that her eyes were still the same deep rich brown. She checked my vitals and made sure everything was in order.

"She's awake!" she called to the other two paramedics. I sighed and gulped in air before I talked.

"What happened?" I croaked. She let me sip from some water before answering. You collapsed again, Liz. Mom called as soon as it happened and we rushed over to assist. Does anywhere hurt?"

I shook my head as tears started to form. I hated this life style that my mom was forced into. She had enough to deal with at home with dad gone all the time and four other mouths to feed. The last thing she needed was some sick daughter of hers to always fail at life.

"Liz, don't beat yourself up over it. You can't help it. Nana stopped by to help mom and dad will be home soon. It will be okay."

I shook my head again. "It's easy for you to say. You are already out of the house and you have your career. You are healthy too. I'm not. And I know it makes mom worry.