|014|

The next morning Changbin rummaged through his clothes in search of something office-friendly he could wear to his first day at work as the director's secretary. That reminded him he should have checked who the man was. Most successful directors were men in their late 50s or 60s. He recalled the woman's remark and shivered. What if the man was an old pervert?

Changbin whined shoving his head into a pile of sweaters and hoodies. He really should have checked the company before signing the contract. But again, he didn't know they would hire him. Maybe the reason why he was the only one who showed up was that the director was a gross old man who harassed his employees.

No, no! Changbin shook his head a few times and combed his messy hair with his fingers. He couldn't possibly be that kind of person. What if he was someone nice? Changbin felt bad judging his boss before even meeting him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. An image of two smartly dressed young men popped into his mind.

Changbin opened his eyes abruptly. Why did he think about the two husbands? He clenched the sweater he was going to wear closer to his chest. No matter what lies he told himself, he couldn't forget about Chan and Hyunjin. With an aching heart, he wondered what kind of bosses the two were.

"Hyung, hyung!" Jeongin ran up to his brother and hugged his waist. "Good luck today! You are the best, hyung!" he beamed. Jihyo peeked inside and smiled at the two's heartwarming interaction.

"We're going," she said motioning for the boy to come with her. "Good luck, Bin. Watch out for your hot boss," she chuckled and grabbed Jeongin's hand.

"Bye-bye, hyung! I love you," the boy waved and the two of them left. Changbin smiled to himself thinking how cute his baby brother was. He had to do his best for Jeongin who always believed in him.

Wait. What 'hot' boss?!

[...]

It was almost nine but Changbin couldn't seem to find the courage to walk inside. He pulled his sweater over his hands biting his lip nervously. He looked at his reflection in the glass. Maybe he should have worn something more smart than a cream-coloured v-neck sweater tucked into black slacks.

"I look silly," he muttered to himself, sulking.

"You look good," a familiar deep voice spoke behind him making him flinch. Changbin turned around and met the gorgeous man from the day before.

"I like your sweater," he smirked.

"Tha-thank you, mister Kim...?" Changbin stuttered. The model-like man chuckled.

"Just Taehyung is okay. Nice to meet you again," he outstretched his hand with a wide smile. Changbin smiled back nervously and greeted him with a slightly shaky grip.

"Nice to meet you too, Taehyung hyung. I'm Seo Changbin. I'm new here."

"So," Taehyung began, "shall we come inside? You don't want to be late on your first day, right?"

[...]

It was nine when Changbin arrived on the 14th floor. When the elevator door slid open he walked out hesitatingly. The first thing he had to do was to go to the director's office. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door to his office but no one answered. Changbin frowned and waited for a moment before he knocked again but nothing happened. He checked the time on his phone. Could it be that his boss was late?

He decided to go to his desk and just wait for him. For a few minutes, he stared at the time displayed on the screen of a computer that was on the desk. Finally, an idea popped into his mind. Since the director was not there and he couldn't start working without his instructions, he clicked on the web browser and tapped the company's name.

Just when the browser loaded and he caught a glimpse of the first article's title he heard a ding. He quickly closed it and stood up abruptly to greet his boss. To his utter shock, a familiar brunet walked out of the elevator.

"Hyun- jin?" Changbin murmured. The man stopped by his desk and smiled charmingly.

"Good morning, mister Seo."

AYTHINGPLAYTHINGPLAYTHINGPLA

sUrpRisE 😎