Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Thing You Love Most
(1.02, slight 1.04)

Alone in his cell, Rumplestiltskin sat, giggling to himself as he thought about the future, the future he foresaw

Alone in his cell, Rumplestiltskin sat, giggling to himself as he thought about the future, the future he foresaw. His smile only grew as he heard rats scurrying around him, sensing another presence there.

"It's just us, dearie. You can show yourself!" He called, watching as one of the rats burst into purple smoke, the Evil Queen standing in its place.

Desperate to know how to enact the curse, the queen didn't even question when Rumple let it slip that the curse could be broken by Snow and Charming's child, continuing to ask how to enact it in the first place.

"For that," The imp pondered. "There's a price."

"What do you want?"

"Simple," Rumplestiltskin smiled. "In this new land, I want comfort. I want a good life."

"Fine," The queen agreed. "You'll have an estate, be rich."

"I wasn't finished!" The Dark One continued. "There's more!"

"There always is with you." The queen narrowed her eyes, sick of the Dark One's games.

"In this new land," Rumplestiltskin started. "Should I ever come to you for any reason, you must heed my every request. You must do whatever I say. So long as I say...'Please'!"

"You do realize that should I succeed, you won't remember any of this?" The Queen spoke amidst his laughter, glaring at him.

"Oh well, then what's the harm?" Rumplestiltskin shrugged, stepping back.

"Deal." The queen grinned in triumph. "What must I do to enact this Curse?"

"Wait!" The Dark One ran at the bars again.

"What?" The queen rolled her eyes, scoffing. The imp simply giggled again.

"Anastasia." He sounded out her name slowly, sinisterly. Regina's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, practically laughing.

"The fish?" She scoffed."What about her?"

"Before the curse is enacted, you need her to drink this." Reaching into his pocket, Rumple pulled out a vial of cloudy liquid.

"What is this?" Regina stared at it carefully, wondering how he had snuck it in the cell at all.

"A potion, dearie." Rumplestiltskin shook it between his fingers. "To make her forget. To weaken her."

"Why would she need to be weakened?" The queen continued questioning, not understanding the need for precaution.

"Because otherwise," The Dark One leaned his head between the bars once more. "She won't forget."