The Fellowship

Elladan paced his room. Elrohir opened the door and watched his brother for a few moments before Elladan finally noticed his twin.

"Yes, Elrohir?"

"What ails you, gwador {brother}?"

Elladan sighed, "The men are here, Estel is here with the hobbits, the Dwarves have come, and even the Elves from Lorien accepted and have arrived. But there is no one from Mirkwood, and the council is today!"

Elrohir had to bite his tongue. In truth, the Mirkwood party had arrived the previous night. But Legolas had requested that he not see Elladan just yet. He didn't want to be distracted during the council, and he didn't want any recent time with Elladan to influence any decisions he might make at the council.

"Perhaps they will come late?" Elrohir suggested.

"Perhaps."

Elladan and Elrohir didn't attend the council, for they were preparing to head out to re-join the Dunedain for a time. But as they packed clothes and other items, they saw the council get out. Elladan saw Legolas immediately and ran over to him. Luckily, Legolas saw his mate before he was barreled into, and was able to keep them from falling over or falling into a wall. Elladan held Legolas tightly and vice versa.

"Why didn't you come to see me?" Elladan demanded as he pulled away.

"We came late last night and were busy preparing for the council this morning," Legolas said, and it was three-fourths true. He could have seen Elladan that morning had he chosen.

Elladan shot a look back at Elrohir, who pretended not to notice. Elladan paid no attention. He just grabbed his beloved's head and kissed him. Legolas started, but then got over it and kissed back. Elladan pulled the Wood Prince up to their rooms and locked the door behind them.

"Elladan, I hate to ruin the moment, but there is something you must know," Legolas said, quietly.

"Yes, ernilin {my prince}?"

"I am part of the Fellowship. I will be accompanying Frodo to Mordor."

Elladan's face fell and his heart sank. He had been without his soulmate for near eighty years, and now they only had a short time together before they would be separated again, possibly forever if the coming war took either of their lives. Legolas cupped his husband's face.

"I know. I know, Elladan. But we will see each other again. I know we will. The Valar cannot be that cruel."

Elladan nodded numbly. All he could think about was losing his golden-haired love. He held Legolas close, and didn't want to ever let go. They spent the night together, but Elladan had to leave the next morning. Legolas was sad to watch his beloved go, but he was busy preparing for his journey that day to pay too much attention to the sadness. He packed some of his things and then made sure he was well-acquainted with the members of the Fellowship. All except the Dwarf. He didn't spend much time with the Man, Boromir, either. But he did notice that Boromir acted more normal when he wasn't around the Ring.

The Fellowship set out the next day, each wondering if he should ever return home to his loved ones.

I know. I know, readers. But we will see each other again. I know we will. Kath cannot be that cruel. 

This chapter was short, but there are more to come! I'll try not to make you guys wait too long. I love you guys! I really do!! Namaarie {Farewell}!

Thank you NolwenTurgon for being the first to comment on the last chapter!!