𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

"𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖎 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖎'𝖒 𝖗𝖚𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖎 𝖚𝖍- 𝖎 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈."

"𝔭𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔡𝔲𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱? 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲!?"

the principal was just now giving the stage over to the superintendent of the school making me tap my foot harder on the grass. gwen quickly rested her hand down on my knee making me stop quickly as she sent me a small glare. i was already on her bad side as i had stolen the seat beside her making the person that was supposed to be sitting next to her fend for himself for a chair. "where is he?" she whispered trying to lean closer to the phone so she could hear him a little bit. "uhh first in broadway...second in broadway...third in broadway um five minutes ten tops!" he said as police sirens blared in the background. 

"oh you've got to be shitting me peter! we agreed on no masks today!"i hissed into the phone and was about to stand up to go drag his ass here but gwen took my shoulder and shoved me back down. "i knowww and i'm sorry i just didn't think this was gonna be that big of a thing!" he tried to defend himself but i wasn't budging. "peter where are you now it's already started and may is looking for you! what's happening?" he went silent for a moment and the only sound coming through the phone was the shrill sound of the sirens. "peter!" i hissed into the receiver repeatedly. i heard a sharp inhale on the other line before he decided to answer me again."i'll be right there i promise." and with that, he hung up. 

i huffed stuffing my phone back into the pocket of my robe before tuning back into what the superintendent was saying. "this year's valedictorian please welcome miss gwen stacy!" he said stepping back from the podium. cheers erupted from our class as gwen rose from her chair with a smile on her face. as she began to climb the stairs i cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled, "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND WOOHOO!!" laughter sounded through the crowd as she pointed a finger at me from the stage before starting her speech. 

good morning esteemed faculty and families of my fellow graduates. it's an honor to be standing up here today...

i know we all think we're immortal we're supposed to feel that way we're graduating...

but in our three to four years of high school what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever what makes it precious is that it ends...

and i know that now more than ever...

and i say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck...

don't waste it living someone else's life make yours count for something...

make yours count for something and fight for what matters to you no matter what...

because even if we fall short what better way is there to live? 

god i am so happy i wore waterproof mascara today because the tears that ended up rolling down my face would have made me look terrifying. i hadn't even noticed that he had started calling the graduates names until mine was spoken i quickly wiped my eyes before running up to the stage steps. i could hear the cheers of the stacy family and may from up here making a smile form on my face again. i took my diploma happily and shook all of the teacher's hands before making it to gwen. i gave her a tight hug and laid a kiss on her cheek before skipping off stage waving my diploma above my head.