𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖔 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖙-𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘

𝔦 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡𝔫'𝔱 𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔞𝔶 𝔴𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔭𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤...

𝖔𝖐 𝖒𝖆𝖞𝖇𝖊 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖇𝖎𝖙.

"there's gotta be a blackout plan right?" peter glanced between gwen and i as the sound of sirens and helicopters grew louder by the second. gwen grabbed my forearm quickly almost like a light bulb had flicked on above her head, "there's supposed to be an emergency reset at the power plant but if he cuts the transition lines they're never getting all of this back up." well that solved one problem i guess, at least we can have some sort of plan. "how are we gonna stop him though." i pointed down to the busting electricity towers. "every time i get close to him he fries my web-shooters." peter said nervously looking down to his patched up shooters on his wrists. "have you tried-"gwen started but peter nodded his head rapidly. "i've tried everything rubber and plastic nothing worked-"

"did you magnetize them?" gwen and i both spoke simultaneously, grinning slightly at each other. peter looked down somewhat with a dry chuckle,"i didn't magnetize them." gwen took his wrists and inspected his shooter for a second, "remember in middle school, science class?" she looked between the both of us with a grin. "i mean i wasn't here but sure. it was like you've gotta magnetize the nail with the battery it-"

"-it holds an electric charge."

"bingo."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i had used another portal to take us down from the bridge's archways and down to a neighborhood a few blocks away. the moment we stepped through we found a very loud police officer trying the direct the frantic citizens on the street with a megaphone. peter and i made sure our masks were secure again before making our way over with gwen on our heels. "officer!" peter yelled over all of the noise around us. the officer turned with the megaphone still tight in his grip," OH SPIDERMAN!" the loud announcement went straight in peter's face making him stumble back clutching his covered ears. i giggled to myself for a second as i passed by him with gwen. "sir i hate to bother you right now but we need something." i asked lowering his megaphone with my hand. he looked amazed for a moment before nodding. "what can i do for ya phantom?"

"we need jumper cables and copper wire if you have them." gwen spoke up at my side. the officer must have recognized her as he gave her a curt nod, "right on it ms. stacy." as he rounded his police car to the trunk a hand gripped my shoulder. peter rejoined us, "AM I TALKING LOUDER THAN USUAL?!" he yelled in my ear making me slap a hand over his already-covered mouth. "yes you idiot." i shook my head at him but i knew he could tell i was smiling anyway.

the officer came back a moment later with the cables and wire and had already popped the hood to his car. i handed the cables over to gwen quickly as she attached them to the car. "i'm not electrocuting him voluntarily." i said with raised hands. "aw look pete she does love you." gwen snickered waving the end of the cable at me before attaching them to his web-shooters. sparks flew from his wrists almost making me panic before i realized that was a good thing. she detached them quickly so we wouldn't actually electrocute him. "ok ok try it!" i snatched the keys from gwen's pocket and they immediately stuck to his wrists. "and that is why you were 3rd at midtown." gwen grinned triumphantly taking her keys back and i laughed beside peter. "yeah yeah rub it in smart-asses."

one of the signs above us rained down sparks before finally exploding and that was our signal to get going. "ok we've gotta bolt." i said as peter nodded. "wait wait i'm coming with you!" gwen said and she snatched or arms back.

"uh no you're not!"

"gwen you cant come with us!"

"i've seen the grid and i know how to reset the whole system!"

"good for you! you're staying here!"

"i'm coming with you! you know you need me-"

i shoved my hand over her mouth and slowly directed her back to the car. i gave peter a look and automatically he knew what to do. oh she's gonna kill us. "fine you can come just close that." i said pointing up to the car's hood. she sighed before putting her hand up to close it before a big wad of webs glued her hand to the car. "gwen i love you! don't kill me i'll see you soon!" as we sprung through the sky away from the police car i could hear one final shout from her before the frantic sounds of the city took over my ears.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

the city was in pure chaos.

streams of electricity rained from the sky as the people of new york scrambled for safety. we flew through the sky weaving our way around buildings and electricity. we snatched up civilians as we went and placed them in safer areas, or at least as safe as we could find.

"does the phantom and spiderman see me now?"

max's voice echoed in my ears as i looked up to find his face flashing on the side of a skyscraper.

"it's time to meet our destiny."