𝖓𝖔 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

𝔭𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝖎𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖊...𝖑𝖊𝖋𝖙.

i was sat in the kitchen with may fiddling with the folder of papers for y/n's house in my hands. i hadn't gone to the house yet much less moved in like her grandparents thought i would. i stared down at the picture of it that was taped to the front of the folder before running a shakey hand through my hair. i hadn't even noticed may had gotten up from her chair across from me until her arms looped over my shoulders to hug me from behind.

my head immediately flopped down to rest on her forearms and i closed my eyes. i was having an inner battle with myself ever since the house fell in my hands. part of me didn't know if i could take living where she used to and the other part just wanted to feel some sort of presence from her again. i also didn't know if i could stand leaving may here completely alone in this house.

needless to say, i'm frustrated.

"sweetheart."may's voice cut through my jumbled thoughts. i hummed into her sweater-covered arms as she tried to make me sit up straight again. she sat down beside me taking my hands in hers, "talk to me peter, please." she could read me like a book but she just wanted me to say it all out loud. her inner therapist was showing. i sighed my eyes flashing from the folder back to her. "i-i don't know if i can go there may and if i could i can't just leave you here-" she quickly covered my mouth with her hand ending my ramble. well, i guess i don't get to talk long.

"peter parker you are not going to worry about me right now. this is your choice on whether or not you think you can go there. she would have wanted you to have that house," she paused taking the folder in her hand and holding it in front of me, " if you think you can then go peter. you can't be hulled up with me forever." she smiled sadly when i reached forward and took the folder from her slowly.

"i love you aunt may."

"i love you too pete."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i told her we could start packing today since i don't have too much stuff. i was in my room now attempting to hide my suit that has been collecting dust in the back of my closet. spiderman had disappeared for over half a year. with a sigh, i shoved the suit into my backpack and threw it on my bed. i looked around the room to find the wad of papers that had once been taped to the wall. i unraveled my father's research with care now that i knew everything about what happened. i placed them in a box along with the only family photo i have of my parents. some photos of uncle ben and aunt may joined them along with my father's briefcase before i sealed it up and brought it downstairs. may was there folding pants and shirts that i honestly hadn't seen in years, for some reason i needed them according to her. she had the small tv from the kitchen in front of her as she watched the new york news station.

"the disappearance of new york's famed spiderman and phantom has left a hole in the heart of the city. even the new york police department has joined the chorus of new yorkers in hoping for the return of our heroes. the whole world seems to be asking the same question: where are they?"

i flicked the volume to mute and moved to sit the box in our small pile beside the door. "it's too bad about those two. too bad they disappeared it seemed like everybody really needs them." she said turning to me with the third box of clothes to add to the pile. i took it from her without a word and put it by the door. i trudged back up the stairs to my almost-empty room, all that was left there were my pictures, the desk, and the bed. i had wrapped up my skateboards and posters earlier and now i just had the final boxes to pack.