Chapter 1: The Phoenix

*Cue Themesong*

The night air hung still. Distant sounds of cars driving past filled your ears. You lean against the side of a building making sure to stay hidden in darkness of the alley. Across the street men laugh and boast of there small time crimes. Most of them you didn't know and to be honest you couldn't care less who they were. But two caught your eye. It had been 13 years but you finally found them.

.

.

.

The bastards who killed your parents.

You pull you're hood over your face to cover it and slowly make your way down the street towards them.

Thug1:Yea one time we went up against some heroes. Wasn't too dangerous. Couldn't handle us though!

He high fives another guy standing next to him.

Dorian: Tano, tell them about that one job we did years back. With that bitch who gave you those scars.

Tano: Oh, yea. Had to be about maybe thirteen years ago. Well Boss had us...

You shove into him as you walk by causing him to stop.

Tano: Hey watch where you're going you little shit.

You stop, not turning around.

With that all his friends stood up and start berating you.

Thug 1: Yea you know who you're messing with.

Thug 2: Better apologize if you want to see tomorrow.

You turn and stare Tano in the face. He looks at you up and down until you pull your hood down.

Tano: Hey, wait a minute. Holy shit. I know you.

He chuckled

Tano: Your that little brat from the job I was just talking about. Hey guys this was the kid that stood there helpless while I cracked his mothers skull. Shame too, hated wasting such a pretty broad like her.

You feel a burning sensation rising in your gut. You grab a plate off the table next to you and fling it at him. Smiling as it shatters against his face.

Tano: Son of a bitch!

His goons jump you. You manage to escape getting pinned down. You land a few good blows here and there to knock a couple out. You don't care about fighting fair, not with them. So you fling bottles and plates at whoever you can. You use every bit of your area as a weapon. Finally you close in on the man that shot your father. After you and Dorian exchange a couple blows you land one hard hook across his face staggering him. However your laser focus leaves you vulnerable as Tano brings down a chair across your back. As it shatters you fall to the floor. The thugs gang up on you kickin and punching you, beating you to a pulp. Until you feel it. That burning sensation. But it's growing stronger.

Y/N: (mentally) Not now. I can't lose control now.

Slowly they let up they're assault, now breaking you more verbally and spitting on you.

Tano: That's what you get. You know what. I think you'd be better off joining your quirkless parents.

He picks you up you can barely move. Gasping for air.

???: Drop the boy if you know whats good for you.

??? I'd listen to him, he's never in the mood for a chase.

Thug: Oh no that sounds like...Gah!!

From across the street bandages shot out wrapping up the thug and dragging him into the alley.

Thug 2: No, You're not getting me.

He spouts fire from his hands and uses them as a means to propel him forward until they disappear casuing him to fall flat on his face. Everyone stares at the alley as a man with long hair, piercing red eyes, and yellow goggles slowly steps out.

Everone: ERASER HEAD!!?

The thugs begin to flee. All except Dorian and Tano who are dead set on sending you to an early grave. The others didn't make it very far as a sweet smelling pink mist fills the air. They all in an instant fall to the ground sound asleep.

Dorian: Dammit Midnight's here too.

Eraser head: Now I'm not gonna ask you again. Put the boy down.

A Woman with long dark hair walks up the other end of the street snapping a whip against the pavement.

Midnight: I told you to listen to him.

Tano: You deal with her

Tano: You deal with her. I'll take care of goggles.

He orders his partner as he drops you to the ground. They split up leaving you bruised and bloody.

The fire in your stomach returns hotter than ever.

Y/N: (mentally) no please no.

Slowly unbeknownst to the heroes and thugs fighting, shadows start pulling towards you. The light from the street lamps and store front signs do as well. The pull to your body as you absorb it.

Y/N: Dammit.

Your body burns and pulses as you slowly rise to your feet.

Y/N: Don't you dare turn your back on me!

Tano: What?

He turns to see you standing, a purple aura burning around you like fire. Like a Phoenix risen from the ashes.