Chapter 8: Ready to Go

The next few weeks slip past like a blur, with you spending the bulk of the days in class with the others learning and trying to catch up. After class some of your classmates help you get some extra training in. Especially Midoriya. He's fascinated by your quirk.

Midoriya: Wow Y/N. It seems like your just full of surprises.

He scribbles more in his notebook all the while muttering to himself. You collapse next to him panting, offering him a bottle of water.

Y/N: ha, Thanks Midoriya. Here man.

Midoriya: Huh? Oh thank you Y/N.

You both sit as a cool breeze rolls across rustling the lawn and the trees. Usually you hate the quiet. But today it's a welcome change of pace. You've been going nonstop since you arrived at UA. You stare off into the clouds letting the soothing sounds of rustling leaves carry your mind away. The door to the dormitory opens as the sound of footsteps cut through the quiet.

Aizawa: There you two are. You know overtraining your bodies is useless unless you both learn to control your quirks.

You and Midoriya glance backwards to see Aizawa staring down at the two of you with his face showing a hint of slight disapproval. You both stand at attention to face him.

Midoriya: Sensei Aizawa sir! We weren't overdoing it I promise! I was just trying to help Y/N get more caught up to speed since he joined us so late.

Aizawa glances at you. You lock eyes with him. You're grateful for what he did that night. However you're still slightly bitter. You had your parent's murderers in your grasp and because of him one of them got away.

Aizawa: Is that so? How do you think you're coming along Y/N?

Y/N: Better. Midorya has been sharing techniques he uses to keep his quirk under control. I think its going well.

Aizawa: Is that so? That may be all well and good.

He closes his eyes and crosses his arms

Aizawa: But you have to remember that you and Midoriya have two different quirks which both require different levels of focus and energy to control and use. On top of that you have to learn how to cooperate in a group.

You look away annoyed.

Aizawa glances back up at you and sighs.

Aizawa: I'm not saying all this to reprimand you like a child. I'm telling you this so that you understand there's more to being a hero than just one on one combat.

You let out a deep sigh.

Y/N: Yea I know.

Aizawa: Then prove it.

You and Midoriya widen your eyes amd stare at the scruffy teacher.

Y/N & Midoriya: What?!

Aizawa: If you think you've come so far and know so much then prove it. Tomorrow for class you'll be showcasing your abilities in front of a few teachers and principal Nezu. You'll be with a partner so I'd start giving it some thought.

He turns to leave stopping as he opens the door.

Aizawa: The one condition is your partner can't be Midoriya. You know how each other works and that could make this exercise too easy for you. Good luck.

He walks inside leaving you standing shocked.

Midoriya:Hmmm.

You turn to see Midoriya with his chin in his hands.

Midoriya:  I can't be your partner but anyone else in the class can be. We could try to strategize and pick the most logical choice. I'll go grab everyone!

He rushes inside leaving you all alone.

Y/N: Bu.. But we don't even know who am I going up against.  Ughhh Dammit Midoriya.