Iida's Memories: Learn to be Lonely

Instead of instantly starting in the abyss, the students were pulled directly into the first memory. A young Iida sat in the living room of his house, with Tensei, Aizawa, Yamada, and Nemuri with him. The four adults had been cracking jokes with each other, several being inside jokes.

"I still can't believe you got Endeavor to follow you off the roof!" Yamada exclaimed.

Tensei laughed, "yeah! I couldn't believe it either. But it was you who got him to chase us in the first place."

"Kinda stupid of you Hizashi," Nemuri said.

"Hey! I don't make stupid decisions!" Yamada fought back.

"Sure, like I can't name several off the top of my head," Aizawa deadpanned.

"Shooooota, so mean," Yamada responded.

Iida was just staring at the group, listening to what they had to say.

"Has Tenya said his first words yet?" Nemuri asked, setting down her drink.

"No, not yet," Tensei replied, "but that just means he's waiting for the right moment."

"He's turning four soon," Aizawa said.

"All of the speech therapists have recommended not pushing him. He'll speak when ready," Tensei said, flicking a piece of balled up paper at Yamada.

"Hey!" Yamada exclaimed, "what was that for!"

"For being stupid," Tensei responded.

"I am not!"

"Are too!"

"Ladies ladies you're both sexy, but please, stop fighting," Nemuri said.

"How about we get Tenya's opinion on if I am stupid or not," Yamada suggested.

"Bonehead, he can't speak still," Nemuri responded.

"You are pretty stupid Uncle Zashi."

All four of them just stopped what they were doing, looking at Iida. In a second of shock, Nemuri started laughing.

"Oh my god! His first words were calling you stupid!!" She exclaimed, wheezing.

Tensei started laughing as well, curling over while holding his stomach. Yamada sat in shock, his jaw dropped, staring off into space. Aizawa patted his shoulder, not even trying to hide his smile.

Iida just stared at them, silent once more.

The memory faded as Tensei finally stood to go get his parents. The students stood in the abyss, several holding back their own laughter.

"Didn't know you were a fucking savage as a kid four eyes," Bakugo said.

"He asked for my opinion. So I gave him one," Iida deadpanned.

"Those were seriously your first words?" Denki asked in disbelief.

Iida just nodded, as the next memory came into view.

This time he was at a charity event with his family. There were noises and bright lights around. He was wearing a suit, which had begun to get itchy. Suddenly he could feel every piece of clothing touching his body, from the tag of his dress shirt to the seams of his socks. The tie he wore felt like it was choking him. The world was starting to get too overbearing.

The lights started to make a noise, a small electrical hum. The talking and the music were all mixing together, becoming one jumbled mess. He didn't even register someone taking his arm, leading him away from the crowd and into a quiet hallway at the venue.