Death (.5)

Obi-Wan straightened up and did as he was told, but not before taking a quick second to look back at the girls. The look on his face seemed to be one of pity. At least from where Vana was sitting.

As Kenobi followed his captor down the catwalk, he looked around. He seemed to be in some kind of underground facility. Or maybe a water pipeline? Judging by the flowing man-made river far below them.

As they took a turn, Kenobi once again spotted 'Lady Vi'. Waiting for them by an exit tunnel.

"Hope he didn't make too much of a fuss," Melinoe jabbed.

"Quiet as a mouse droid," The guard joked back.

Melinoe nodded to the guard and motioned for Obi-Wan to follow her. The two made their way down the much smaller hall. Eventually, reaching an elevator. They stood there in uncomfortable silence as Melinoe pressed the button for one of the top floors.

"So 'Lady Vi'?" Kenobi wondered out loud. "Was Raza not to your liking anymore?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

As the elevator made its ascent, the scenery changed. From the dark caves to a glowing red skyline and polished buildings with workers running about. The thing in particular that made Obi-Wan want to huff was the giant golden statue of the Karkarodon off in the distance.

The quiet was interrupted by a recording over the loudspeaker. "People often say to me, Drax Horne, why do you pay your employees in a currency that's only good at the company outlets?' Well, to be upfront, I hate the thought of any of my hard workers getting robbed at some shady establishment. Horne Company supplies only the best to its customers."

Obi-Wan looked over to Melinoe in shock. She was having a hard time hiding her disdain for this little speech.

Melinoe reached into her pocket and fished out a beeping communicator.

"What's going on?" She asked as the holo of a bearded man appeared.

"Wanted to check in with you," The man told her. "We're in position and ready to go."

"I just have one small thing to sort out."

"I think I'm owed a bit of an explanation," Obi-Wan interrupted.

"Who is-"

"No time," Melinoe said as she put away the holo. She rolled her eyes and turned back to Kenobi. Handing him a small holo map. "Follow this to the main square. From there, you'll be able to find the boy and get out of here."

Obi-Wan stared at her surreptitiously. "What are you up to?"

"I don't have time to explain all of it. Something important is going on, and I can't afford you getting in the way."

"Excuse me?" Obi-Wan said in disbelief. "You think I'm just gonna let a Sith go about her business."

"If you want to get your apprentice back to Coruscant safely, yes," Melinoe said as she stepped out of the elevator.

Obi-Wan rushed out of the lift and stepped in front of her. "This isn't over."

"Unfortunately," Melinoe sneered. She pushed him out the door and slammed it shut.

Obi-Wan huffed and started walking. He stopped for a moment when he heard the door open again. Only for something to come flying at his head. Obi-Wan continued to grumble as rubbed his head with one hand and picked up his fallen lightsaber from the ground with the other.

As the Jedi walked across the square, he noticed beings had started to gather near another statue of the Karkarodon. A wine-coloured Twi'lek stood at the base.