Chapter 6

(Lucy's POV)

Once me and George were done with the weird, extremely awkward conversation about my feelings toward Lockwood, George and I sat at the table drinking tea in silence for about 30 minutes before we heard the door shut.

"They're finally done," George whines. "What do you think it is? Do you think it's a case or someone from Lockwood's deep and darkest past?"

I was back to drawing in my notebook while George asked the questions. to what i have to say to it, nothing. It was none of our business to be poking around his past. And it certainly wasn't our business to ask questions behind his back. "I don't care what it is," I said simply. Which wasn't entirely true.

"Oh... I see... you really don't have those feelings for Lockwood. But, it seemed like you two were meant to be together, after all you've been through a lot with him," he said rather shocked.

"You sound almost shocked, why?" I asked with the most curiosity I've had in years.

"Well," he started. "Just think about it. You and him go through houses, everyday in life or death situations. You saved his life when a Possessor was in him, with a kiss by the way," he tried to keep going, but i kicked him once i saw Lockwood come in. "OWW... oh," he said after I kicked him.

We all said nothing. I didn't want to say anything until Lockwood decided it was time to break the ice. "What were you guys talking about? I could hear words at different moments, but I couldn't hear all of it."

"We were talking about the things you've been through together," George answered, but I had to finish it before it got worse.

"Yeah, all of the cases we've been through. Like the Screaming Staircase, the Annie Ward case, and, of course, Combe Carey. We were just saying that we, me George and you, make a great team," I tried ending it with that, but Lockwood knew I was lying and asked me to come out into the hall with him. Once we were out in the hall, we made sure George didn't follow us; he didn't.