chapter 6

We enter the house, and Niko lays the cat down and goes to grab some cat food for Milo.

while I'm sitting there, I'm still shaken that I'm in the beta squad house.

It's like a dream come true.

He comes back and empties the can into a bowl.

And pours some water into a shallower bowl, and the cat tries to get up to drink the water, but then it collapses.

So then, Niko helps Milo drink the water, and it looks like hasn't drunk any water in days.

Niko carefully places it on a soft little cat bed.  Niko looks back at me and says, "I wonder what would've happened if we left the cat on the road. "

"Well, good thing we were there," I  say yawning.

I check my phone and see

12:54

"Well, I guess I better get going, it's getting pretty late," I said before looking back at Niko.

"No stay, it is late but it gets dangerous after midnight in this neighborhood. "

"I should move before something bad happens." He said shaking his head.

"Oh, thanks so uhm mind showing me around to the spare room?"

" oh yeah, it's upstairs, follow me." He said as he holds his hand out. 

So I followed him upstairs until I heard I knock at the door.

I'm pretty sure Niko heard it too because when he heard it he stopped and said " It's the door on the left 3 down."

I walked up to the door and opened it.

It doesn't look bad  I mumble before sitting down on the bed.

I go on my phone and see a bunch of notifications on my Instagram like

New beta squad uploads 🫣??

Oo girl imagines being a guest on your favorite YouTuber's channel.

Babes you're looking amazing 👏🏽 😍

If I got the chance to be on beta squad girl I would be milking it too.

I turn off my phone and remember I left my wallet downstairs.

So I walk down but before I do, I get a glance at what's happening.

I see Niko sitting with some girl, it looks like Makayla.

I don't see it well enough so I get my phone out.

Right now I'm at an angle where I can see them but they can't see me.

I quickly took the picture and put it in my folder titled

"Makalya the gold-digger"

I sit back down on the bed and look through the proof, it's still not enough for him to believe me.

I need her to openly admit it to me, or at least something like that.

In the morning...

I wake up and check the time

11:25 AM

I open my phone and see my Instagram story go viral with 24 million likes.

This happened overnight...

Is this what being famous is like?

I read a few comments before I go eat breakfast

Wow, I can't believe she would do that to Makayla...

I liked you before you became famous, this changed you, Amira

What were they talking about, I didn't do anything to Makayla.

I go downstairs and see Niko.

I ask him " do you know what's going on? Everyone is saying I did something to Makayla."

" They already got to you?  The media will attack any person for any reason. It must be a rumor or something."

"Well, thanks I guess. "

I have no idea, what it is though. I say to myself

I Dm my friends on Instagram

A-Hey Maxie

M-What Amira?

A-Hey, what's that thing going on with Makayla?  Everyone says I "did something "

M-Yeah, you were trying to get with Niko when Makayla is already dating him.

M-  What do you have to say for yourself?

A-that is so not true.

I would never do that.

You know, I've been cheated on before, remember Alex?

M- Oh yeah... him.

A- who even said that?

M-Makalya did

A- I swear that girl is out to get me now.

A-She tripped me in front of Niko thinking I'll fall but he caught me. I think there might be an edit somewhere.

M- actually I saved one wanna see it? 

A- uhm yes

I open the edit and see one of those choppy velocities.

It did look good though.

I save it to my photos and put down my phone.

I decide to go outside to clear my mind.

I go on a walk around the block and come back inside

I  grab my wallet, phone, and keys and walk out the door. I text Niko saying

I'm going back to my house to get different clothes.

I feel a lot better after that walk, I should do it more often.

I get in my car and turn on the radio, I hear my favorite song die for you  by the weeknd

I sing along while driving, while I look at the navigation I realize that my house isn't far from the beta squad house.

I could've walked by it a 1000 times and still not know.

I get home and lay on my sofa, why would, Makayla say that about me? Is she jealous because Niko caught me?

Does she know I know she's a gold-digger? 

I need a plan...

Authors note
/that's the chapter, my hungry  little fanfic readers. Hope yall enjoy the rest ik this one was kinda dry during the end I promise it won't be as dry the next chapter.🫶🏽🩷