Act one, Part Six: Like a Hurt Bird

WARNING: BRUISES

April walked into the lair and ensured no one had followed her. When she got word from Donnie about the news, he told her to keep an eye out for the police department in case they spotted her and followed her to their location. Once she was sure she was safe, she pressed on to the lair and entered with a bag in her hand.

She walked inside one of the bathrooms and saw Donnie kneeling by the bathtub, filling it with hot soapy water. "Hey, Donnie, I got the gears you asked for." She set the bag down, spilling out a shampoo bottle, a conditioner bottle, lavender-scented soap, a yellow sponge, and four towels.

Donnie looked up, facing April. "Oh good, thank you." He turned the water faucet off and stood up.

" So, mind me asking why you asked me to get some bathing stuff?" She asked him with arms crossed. "I know it can't be for you."

Donnie shocked his head. "It's for Arianina." He answered. He hoped he got her name right after seeing it on the news. "You should have seen the state she is in."

" Is it bad?" April sound concerned.

" well, pretty much." He nodded.

" Geez. I feel bad for the poor girl." April frowned at this.

" Yeah." He rubs the back of his neck. "Be sure the water is warm still. I'll go get her."

April nodded. "I can do that, D." She replied.

Donnie left the bathroom and made his way to Arianina's room. He grabbed the handle and turned it, only to find it locked. He groaned from this; how did she manage to sealed an abandoned subway train? But she needs to clean and has no time to think for himself. So he took a small pocket knife from one of his belt pockets, poked it through the lock, and got it open. He walked inside.

Inside is dark, almost like the windows have been blocked from any light. He can barely see any corners; only the light from outside can view a few. He called out. "Arianina? Are you still here?"

Then he heard her voice. "How did you know my name?" Arianina stepped out; her hands gripped both her biceps as they crossed together. And she was glaring at him suspiciously.

" I saw a picture of you with your name. Arianina Luck, right?" He asked her.

Arianina just glared. "Yeah." She answered him. "So what?"

" Well." Donnie then just groaned. "Can you come with me?" He asked her again.

Arianina backed away a bit. "Why should I?" She snarled. "I'm not coming with you, you freak."

Donnie's face has a deadpan expression. "Have you looked in a mirror? You look horrible." He pointed out.

" Yeah. I know." She rolled her eyes. "I'm a mutant."

" I'm not talking about your mutation." He exhaled. "I'm talking about your hygiene." He mentioned her body. Her long hair is tangled in a mess with hair grease, her face is covered in dirt, and her clothes are still dirty.

Arianina growled, then she narrowed her eyes at him angrily. "My personal cleaning is none of your business." She growled.

Donnie sighed, getting irritated. "I don't want to fight you, so let me take you to the bathroom." He starts walking towards her.

But she backed away from him as he walked towards her. "Not in a million years!!" She snarled more. "So back off before I make you!!"

And that's when Donnie finally loses his patience. He gridded his teeth and growled. "Okay then! You left me no choice!" He shouted, taking a huge step toward her.