Act one, Part Ten: Bishop's Visit

Five days later

At Eastlaird University, young students are in their classes while some are outside using the cool air to relax and have a clear mind. It was only November; leaves were turning orange and red and falling out of trees to grow back in springtime. Meaning it won't be long till the University year is over and recruit new students for another year. One leaf fell on a young student's hair as she waved it off, floated away, and landed on a window sill inside Journalism Class. The same class April is taking.

April sat in her seat, notebook open and phone by her side. She listened to her teacher as she took down notes and lessons for later to take. By her side is her good friend Sunita. She got into the same University as April and learned so much from outside the Hidden City, the Yokai's home. And she was welcoming to come as long she didn't remove her cloaking device and tell anyone she was a yokai. April placed her cheek on her palm with her elbow up and watched a PowerPoint on the wall.

"If you turn your attention to the billboard, you can see every news article written by New York's Journalists who wrote good details, from big to small." Ms. Sabrina, April's teacher, explained as she pointed at a giant billboard that pinned articles cut out of newspaper articles and magazines.

April nodded and wrote down. Once she was sure no one was watching her, she opened her phone and pressed on the text app. And begin texting.

April
Hey guys, how are things in
The lair? How are the new mutants
Doing?

She pressed send and waited for a response. Two seconds later, and got a text from Leo.

Leo
Ginny is still upset :(
Nina, Donnie called her, refuses to leave her room
Like a hermit. But Judi and Julian are doing fine.
Judi is reading Lady Luna's Comics right now
So other than that, we are doing fine and are well
Too. Have a good day in class; see you! ;)

April smiled softly as she closed her phone. It had been a good few weeks since the new turtles stayed with them, but sad that out of the five, Ginny, Prim, and Nina were facing troubles that the boys couldn't do to help them. She would have done some digging on the girls, but out of respect and privacy for her new friends, she rather not push them too far and let them open up when they were ready. She set her phone down and went back to her lessons.

"Can anyone tell which journalist wrote The Dark Side?" Ms.Sabrina asked her students.

April raised her hand faster than the too-slow-lifting students. She smiled. "Jane Mayer. She wrote The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How War on Terror Turned into a War on American Ideals, a 2008 Times bestseller." April answered her.

Ms.Sabrina smiled and nodded, happy with her answer. "Correct. Excellent work, Young O'Neil." She turns back to her teaching.

Sunita look amazed. "Wow. You are outstanding." She complimented her.

"I did some research. Thank Donnie for that." April smirked. She was glad for those extra lessons Donnie was helping her. The two return back to hearing Ms.Sabrina.

"Okay. For your assignment today, I want you all to write down an essay based on a New York famou-" Just as Ms.Sabrina was about to give out an assignment, she was interrupted by a loud door slam. She and the students all turn and face the door.

Coming in is none other than Bishop and his three EDF members, all wearing black suit and sunglasses. Bishop turns his gaze at the row of students, his sunglasses reflecting on each student till he stops, and the reflection of April show in his sunglasses.

He then closed the laptop, causing the PowerPoint to be gone. He faced Ms.Sabrina. "I am terribly sorry for interrupting your teaching, ma'am. But I need every student in this class to report to the office immediately." He stated.