Act one, Part Eight: Survive or Die

Six Days later

Inside the medbay, Donnie was looking at a heart monitor with a stern expression. It had just been two weeks, and Prim wasn't showing signs of improvement in her coma. The best he can do right now is make sure her heart is strong and give her more oxygen to keep her breathing. Speaking of which, he pulled out the used tank and installed a new one.

Just then, Raph walked in. His face has a look of concern. "Is she okay?" He asked his brother.

"Still in her coma." Donnie answered him. "Just changing her tank."

Raph nodded off this right as he focused on Prim sleeping form. "How long will it take for her to stay like this?" He wondered.

Donnie just huffed. "In all honesty? It will take time for her to recover." That was all he could respond to.

"Okay..."Raph set his eyes cast down, almost having a guilty look. He did yell at and threaten her; it was almost like he did the same after being captured by the Krang. He places his hand close to his cracked plastron; the pain is still there inside. He just felt so helpless now.

Donnie noticed his distress and frowned. He gave him a small pat on his arm. "She's going to be okay." He said.

"I hope so...I was really harsh on her." Raph sighed.

"She was acting like a bully to Arianina and Ginny." He mentioned the incident back on the field trip. "Think of this as her time out, and she will wake up when she has learned her lesson." He added.

Raph just sighed. Then he grabbed a chair, placed it next to Prim, and sat down. He casts down with a sad expression; he feels really guilty for what he told her. And with her in a bad coma, he worried he might not apologize to her. The best he can do right now is hope she can wake up, and he wants to be the first she wakes up to apologize for his behavior.

Donnie just let out a sigh. After their recovery from their battle with the Krang, Raph was pushing himself too hard and almost lost sleep from watching everyone out of fear. He knew his brother meant well, and he was traumatized from the possession and losing Leo, but he almost looked like a ghost in a hollow shell. They had to get him to see a Yokai therapist who was good friends with Draxum and helped him recover. Yet the pain is still there.

He grabbed two rolls of bandage and an ointment from the medbay and left, heading to the last place he avoided. Arianina's room. It had been six days since they last talked, and it wasn't pleasant. But he needs to swallow his pride, be patient with her, and hope he doesn't end up yelling at her.

He knocked on her closed door. "Arianina? Are you awake?" He doesn't hear an answer or a slight sound. He grabbed the handle, but it was locked closed. He let out a sigh. Then he pulled out his small pocket knife and slid it through the frame, unlocking it. But when he opens the door, he spots Arianina scratching the bandage, almost like she is trying to remove it.

Donnie flinched and rushed in. "Hey! No, no! Don't do that!" He grabs her arm and holds it still. He checked her bandage; it got scratch marks. "Hold still."

Arianina just huffed and turned away, still mad about their last encounter.

Donnie unwrapped the bandages carefully and checked. The bruises are starting to fade, and the cuts disappear lightly. Once he got the old ones off, he put the ointment on her arms and added new bandages in, carefully tying them up.

Once that was finished, he faced her, still holding her arm. "Can you please tell me where you get those bruises?" He questioned her.

"This isn't your business." Arianina snarled.