[004] traitor.

CHAPTER 4

traitor.

"AFTER THE MAZE, I GOT PICKED UP BY A GROUP HEADED TO THE CITY." Gally said as he lead the group through a building. As they walked, Oizys was stuck with a limp after the incident whilst running from the guns. As the adrenaline left her body, she had realised the severity of her injuries; her hip still throbbing in pain whilst her head was bleeding, grazes on her body as well. Despite the pain she was in, she decided to push through it and wait until they were finished talking with whoever was in charge and could help them.

 "They realised I was immune, patched me up... and they brought me here to Lawrence. This group's been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done." The boy explained before they came to a stop. "Listen, uh... he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. All right? And try not to stare." He said before he continued walking, only confusing the Gladers more. 

They walked into a room, classical music playing in a background as a man spoke. "Rose took my nose, I suppose. Rose took my nose, I suppose. Suppose, suppose, took my nose..." He repeated before he noticed the large group walking in. Gally put down his gear as he slowly approached the man. "Gally... glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened." He said to the boy as he attended the flowers that sat in the sunlight.

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns." The boy said.

"No... but they can only poke the hornet's nest for so long, before they get stung." He said as he smelt arose, the Group noticing the vacancy of his nose. "Now, who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into WICKED." Thomas said as he walked up, completely ignoring what Gally had said about not talking. "Gally said you can get us through the walls. Lawrence looked to Thomas.

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep." He said before approaching the group using his cane, taking his IV stand with him. "Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible." The man said.

"There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas." Gally said confusing the boy.

"Is that so? Do you know what I am? Thomas?" As Lawrence walked forward, the group could see that the man had almost looked like he was decaying, his skin boiling on his bones. He got closer to Thomas, whispering in his face. "I am a business man." He said before he leant back. "Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?" Thomas looked at the man for a moment before he responded.